Price Of Manx Meat

Theskeat

On Manx Radio this morning Stu Peters interviewed a chap over the price of Manx Meat, it was stated that a butcher on the IOM can buy NY Lamb @ £20 while Manx Lamb costs £80, this price differance was blamed on the running costs of the meat plant at Tramode. The plant is oversized and was build to service a polulation of a small town with a population of over 1 million. If thats the case why cant they close part of it out or lease part for another use to cut costs

Well isnt that common over here just look at the energy from waste plant that is only running at 25% capacity.

The plant is oversized and was build to service a polulation of a small town with a population of over 1 million. If thats the case why cant they close part of it out or lease part for another use to cut costs

The answer is obviously to increase the Islands population to 1 million.

:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

When did a million people equal a small town? Only London and Birmingham have a population > 1,000,000!

Dont ask me ask Mr Peters.

And its a good job they dont use Manx Lamp in the Kebabs, imagine the cost or lack of filling

And its a good job they dont use Manx Lamp in the Kebabs, imagine the cost or lack of filling

Oh yes they do. Manx lamb testicles, manx lamb arseholes, manx lamb eyeballs..

Yummmmmmmmmmm where do you get those :o (I mean the kebabs - I know where the other items are on a sheep!)

In the cold commercial world of the EEC, there is a glut of lamb, high quality and oodles cheaper than manx lamb.

We can only export manx produce by almost giving it away, reimbusing the farmers from public funds and charging the earth for lamb locally, its a lose lose scenario for the local consumer, bummer man :(

i know a manx farmer that is paid £30 per lamb

so £80 a lamb from the slaughterhouse means they are charging £50 a slaughter

seems excessive

Its all smoke and mirrors, the slaughterhouse is the fatstock association which is a farmers combine, does the farmes get any other payment for his lamb in grants like the hill farm subsidy?

i know a manx farmer that is paid £30 per lamb

so £80 a lamb from the slaughterhouse means they are charging £50 a slaughter

seems excessive

Its all smoke and mirrors, the slaughterhouse is the fatstock association which is a farmers combine, does the farmes get any other payment for his lamb in grants like the hill farm subsidy?

The new meat plant is Government owned now

The new meat plant is Government owned now

i dont know the facts i suppose as he could always be telling me porkies, maybe he does get loads of grants....

he is talking lots about jacking the whole thing in though as he aint making any money, and he does do a second job too............

Archived