Sitting Members - One At A Time (9)

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

JIt's been pointed out that in Onchan, people will get three votes,

Can you clarify, three votes or three candidates.

There three seats available in Onchan, therefore people in Onchan will be able to cast three votes, one each for up to three candidates. To date I believe the declared candidates are:

Adrian Earnshaw

Andrew Dosser

Brian Stowell

David Quirk

Steve Babb

Sitting members Peter Karran and Richard Corkhill have not yet declared. Unless I've missed the local news today.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Manx Government lacks transparency and integrity. The mere fact that Peter Karran is clearly not one of the 'good old boys' should be reason for him to stay. Without doubt he is at least a thorn in the side of those who would ride roughshod over the wishes of the voters.

There are many problems with politics on the Island, just as there are many problems in any Government in the world.

However, whilst the electorate continues to vote based on a micro political basis (i.e. parish pump politics) we will struggle to get MHK's who have a geunine understanding of the real problems facing the Island oveer the coming years.

Until we get members who are able to 'think outside the box' and realise that that sorting out the dog that is shitting in Mrs Smith's garden, should be prioritsed against the general governance of the Island, we will still be having this conversation on 5, 10, 50 years time.

Yes, Peter Karran may have struck 'gold' with a couple of his half informed questions. But the man wastes so much time elsewhere that when you look at the complete picture, he is a complete irrelevance when it comes to the well being and future prosperity of this Island.

Local issues, at the level I am talking about, should be dealt with by local govt, at council or commissioner level.

We, as the electorate, should be responsible for electing those who are capable of running the central affairs of the Island. Sadly, however, I think that most of the electorate are too short sighted to see this as well.

Archived