Motor Cycles Madness

Roger Smelly

Very safe high speed, if you can call it that, riding imo. Shows you what you can do when in control of a bike and give consideration to other road users. Fair play, nice scann.

Smelly, if you give me a home address, i'll bring the tyre lever to take your head out of your arse.

A better vid than we have seen here lately.

Funnly enough, I always though Gavasta a bit off a knob. How things can change, n1 m8.

Covered

Wrong Vid me thinks. ;)

I would agree with most of the comments on here.

A lot of car drivers believe bikes are overtaking on blind corners or near the brow of a hill without realising that the rider is sat a foot or two higher and can see a lot more.

On the video the camera is very low and what might look dangerous is more than likely safe.

I enjoyed this video, and think after watching it that Gav is a good safe rider. Just goes to show that someone obviously enjoying a machine capable of two or three times those speeds chose instead to have a safe, fast ride.

Lines looked good to me - a fine example of positioning the bike for defensive riding - and settling on a pace that no doubt sharpened his reflexes without taking any chances.

Only thing that made me nervous was a flash of a car waiting to pull out at Little London, and the fact that if he'd not seen Gav it would be another rallying call for the anti-speed lobby, rather than a condemnation of many car drivers safely cocooned behind airbags, SRS, ABS, TC and seatbelts, with a CD blasting, a satnav talking to them and in a world of their own.

There is nothing to see here folks, except a biker riding well and enjoying himself. When the blanket speed limits come (as they surely will) we bikers might as well buy Vespas.

But don't worry - the beaurocrats know what they're doing. Just go indoors, don't smoke, drink or eat tasty food and watch Big Brother...everything will be just fine...

The only reason i posted it was to show the bike haters out there that most bikers on the island ride safe and know their limits.

Shame the bloody car drivers choose to think they are still playing the playstation and that when they crash they actually do kill and mame people.

Archived