Driving Experiment

keith lard

What route did they take? Did they go the 'wrong way' around the TT course and turn off at St. Johns and through Foxdale or did they go over the mountain?

Over the mountain to Douglas, out to St Johns, down the Ballamodha and then to the sound

12 seconds sounds too close but 12 minutes sounds a bit too much

I used to work with a bloke who'd be darting out, evertaking everyone he could, along the Prom on the way home from Douglas to Onchan and he was usually only seconds ahead of me at the Port Jack shops where we used to stop and buy ciggies. He died of a heart attack in the end...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a cack handed route isn't it?

Seems like they deliberately tried to include as many restricted zones as they could into the route. It's by no means the most direct route you could take that's for sure!

Bit of a cack handed route isn't it?

Seems like they deliberately tried to include as many restricted zones as they could into the route. It's by no means the most direct route you could take that's for sure!

if they wanted restricted zones they would have chosen Laxey and Onchan !

just think if they got stuck behind Stu on the mountain ;-)

Ok, so shall we make it Sunday, 12 noon, at the Point of Ayre ?

Same route, same rules...

Stu/Stav: Would you be ok with being the main participants? I just think there's no point in having more than one car do each run timed, especially the one allowed to go faster than 60. Whoever else turns up can follow the slower car and confirm the time or so...remember: It is NOT a race!

Maybe someone should be at the Sound as well, for additional timekeeping.

Have to sort out some transport then - the pokermobil is being a Rover again feeling a bit under the weather at the moment...

I'm game!

Who gets to go unrestricted? Stu has that 4 litre Supercharger which has something like 370 bhp. That's obviously going to be about 100+ BHP more powerfull than my little number!

So do we let the big car go unrestricted or the old banger less powerfull one?

Stav.

Does that mean I get a tall leggy blonde to be my co-driver, jeez, the things I'll do to have a bird to get in my car! I'll start planning my bath and type of cologne now, might even pop into Boots at lunchtime.

What does she prefer, shaved or a bit of a rugged look? (That's my face I'm referring to before you say anything not so funny!)

Stav.

Whoa...F1! Of course!!

How about NEXT Sunday (19th) instead?

Sorry - forgot. And I've bought a 40" Sony specially for it!

Stu

PS: Or if that's not convenient, I could always record the F1 and we'll do our economy drive. Me going fast with the cleavage-afflicted leggy blonde please!

Why don't you both do a slow and fast run, Somebody does a slow and fast run then you swap around and the other does a fast run and the other does a slow run. With two different cars and different drivers i'd say do the

above so you can get a fair result.

Incase the above doesn't make any sense (most of what i write doesn't)

Stu peters : One slow and One fast run

Stav : One fast and one slow run

If you are both doing a fast run it'll basically be a race and vice versa on the slow run, If you both do a different thing then while one is doing a slow run the other does a fast run and then swap around.

( I don't know if that makes any sense but i think it would be more fair)

Ups - forgot about the F1 as well...

Ok, compromise: Sunday, 3pm?

I think the GP starts at 10.30am, so plenty of time for both things, and we keep the topic "hot" by trying it this week (god knows what breaking news story may emerge during next week :) )

Problem is, wouldn't you have to stop in Douglas to refuel?

Stav.

Nope, already taken care of that:

refuelling.ram

Making of:

Part 1 (1156kb)

Part 2 (1408kb)

Part 3 (1415kb)

Archived