Sitting Members - One At A Time (10)

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I won't make any comment at the moment except to say that the former Chief Minister and his recent history, is probably well known to all of us.

All I would ask of those who want to add their own comments is, please don't make the job of the moderators any harder than it needs to be.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well so far its two votes in favour (and 16 against)... but with no follow up comments from anyone.

Frankly I'm amazed ... who could vote in favour of this man and not try to persuade us that he's been unfairly malaigned.

Come on ... if you think he's MHK material at least explain why.

I voted against and the reasons why are, I think, clear.

I won't make any comment at the moment except to say that the former Chief Minister and his recent history, is probably well known to all of us.

All I would ask of those who want to add their own comments is, please don't make the job of the moderators any harder than it needs to be.

Que FCMR/Crumlin/Manxchatterbox :D

Voted no, would be interesting to get some of them on here to hear what they think about what people have put!

Maybe that's something constructive that could come out of these threads. Collate the sensible points and post them to see if they want to offer an official response, either by proxy or by signing up and posting.

Voted NO

I think his & his wife's actions are enough for most to say no.

Sure it has not been proven that anything dodgy has taken place but no smoke without fire in my book.

It will be amazing id he eve gets back in.

No need to say why but like other posters would be interested to hear why anyone would vote yes, must be his mother *snip* or somebody like that?

Both of his parents are deceased. They are not (and were not) involved in matters financial nor political. So maybe it would be a good idea, in order to avoid needless and additional hurt to others, to get your facts straight.

What absolute and crass ignorance to involve any MHKs parents like this.

No need to say why but like other posters would be interested to hear why anyone would vote yes, must be his mother *snip* or somebody like that?

Both of his parents are deceased. They are not (and were not) involved in matters financial nor political. So maybe it would be a good idea, in order to avoid needless and additional hurt to others, to get your facts straight.

What absolute and crass ignorance to involve any MHKs parents like this.

I think he was only attempting to get to the root of the few "Yes" votes. No need for the humour bypass.

It seems that Onchan has recorded a big "No-diddly-oh" for Mr Flanders.

Oh grow-up!

It's hardly the greatest insult to suggest that a mother would vote for her son is it? C-W's post wasn't really attack on the Flandererers passim but a comment on the current head of the household. Unless, of course, you think voting for Ned is so shameful that the merest hint that someone might is an insult.

I voted no

I think he had the ability to go far in politics but there's an element of "New Labour Minister" in him, where he seems prone to "problems" in his private life

My big fear about him in the election is that the older voters might still think he's that nice chemist man and still vote him back in

The man is a (thankfully) rare example of sleaze, bad judgement, arrogance, and selfishness incarnate.

Even if he was morally and legally white as the driven snow the manner in which he conducted himself when questions were being raised regarding his conduct beggars belief and has done a very great deal of damage to the Manx government as well as to the island and Manx people in general.

To then accept the job that he has is damming upon him and the fools who offered it to him.

I sincerely doubt if a less appropriate person could be in public office than this man. He lacks real intelligence and provides low cunning in its place.

The man is a charlatan of the worst kind.

Archived