Sitting Members - One At A Time (10)

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to say why but like other posters would be interested to hear why anyone would vote yes, must be his mother *snip* or somebody like that?

Both of his parents are deceased. They are not (and were not) involved in matters financial nor political. So maybe it would be a good idea, in order to avoid needless and additional hurt to others, to get your facts straight.

What absolute and crass ignorance to involve any MHKs parents like this.

Lighten up will you, that was not crass ignorance, its called sarcasm, in the same vein as the well known expression "a face only a mother could love"

No need to say why but like other posters would be interested to hear why anyone would vote yes, must be his mother *snip* or somebody like that?

Both of his parents are deceased. They are not (and were not) involved in matters financial nor political. So maybe it would be a good idea, in order to avoid needless and additional hurt to others, to get your facts straight.

What absolute and crass ignorance to involve any MHKs parents like this.

Lighten up will you, that was not crass ignorance, its called sarcasm, in the same vein as the well known expression "a face only a mother could love"

flanders_sm.jpg

:D

No for me as well. For the last year he has been like the invisible man, He is my MHK, who in my eyes has not represented his constituents since his wife has had her problems. Whether he is involved with his wife's problems or not, he has not once fought his corner in the keys for any onchan related issues as far as I know. Thats the main issue for me.

This is one of those times when the lack of party politics on the island is a blessing.

If he were a party member, that party would be completely discredited by his alleged actions, just look at the Tessa Jowell situation at the moment in UK. How many people are saying"she must have known"?

I bear no personal ill-feeling towards RC, indeed he is irrelevant to me personally, but the damage done to the reputation of other politicians on the IOM is immeasurable, some of them don't deserve it.

I won't vote for him because he isn't my representative, in many ways, as I don't live in Onchan.

If I did live there I certainly would not vote for him.

[right here I would normally post a picture, but ans keeps wiping it out so I won't bother him now, he is a busy man]

Interesting comparison to Tessa Jowell; she hasn't (yet) resigned because of her spouse's mis-deeds. Seems to be the way that the longer politicians (or a party) are in power, the more they have an increased sense of their infallibility!

A parallel here?

Talking about resigning, as I understand it, if Flanders resigned he would lose a lot more financially (pension etc) than if he waits until his term is up in November.

Likewise if he stands again and is not elected (and I hope his comes bottom of the poll) he will be better off than if he does not stand.

So "pension wise" he stands to be better off if he seeks re-election, whatever the outcome.

All this talk about his track record as an MHK, his wife's well known difficulties, his knowledge of it etc is all irrelevant.

The only thing that matters, and the only thing that should influence anybody's decision whether to vote for him or not is the simple fact that one day in the past (I'm not sure of the exact date) he stood in front of a mirror and said to himself "hmm, I think I'll grow a moustache. Yeah, moustaches are cool".

His lack of judgement is beyond question.

Regardless of the details, the one reason he shouldn't be voted back in is that he saw the damage the saga was doing to the reputation of the Island and failed to act soon enough.

This kind of selfish misjudgment is always going to be fatal in politics.

Either people will put a tick next to his name out of sheer habit and only realise it afterwards in a 'doh!' moment or he will emphatically fall by the wayside.

Archived