Tt Bushy's Beer Tent Regulars Please Take Note!

manxchatterbox

Martin B has been successful in his presentation to Douglas Corpn and its been agreed he can have a 3 year licence effective from the 2006 festival. This is a new arrangement which cuts out the Dept of Tourism. What do you think the effect will be?

Is it a good or bad thing that the use of the site for 3 years wasn't put out to tender??

Martin B has been successful in his presentation to Douglas Corpn and its been agreed he can have a 3 year licence effective from the 2006 festival. This is a new arrangement which cuts out the Dept of Tourism. What do you think the effect will be?

Good.

Is it a good or bad thing that the use of the site for 3 years wasn't put out to tender??

Good.

They still have to get a licence for entertainment and if hes p***** the DTL off they could object to his application or move the entertainment they pay for to another site, and they could also stop him from putting the words TT on his T shirts.

He still wont be a patch on what the pubs in Main Street Daytona put on every night and for free.

Will we get enough visitors to fill his tent this year, maybe not when you see what the Steam racket charges are this year

Jesus everyone is so fucking negative....so what that he got it for three years. Who else was steeping up to the plate...hmmm...harldy a bun fight over the tender now was it. You'd be complaining if nothing was done and whilst it might not be to everyone's tastes its only for two weeks a year

I'm glad he's got it, was in Chester for a few days for my birthday last year, then straight off the boat and in that tent for the rest of the week!

Agree with WSAG, if no one did anything you'd all be moaning like fuck.

I think its fantastic there, loads of people you know, everyones nice and enjoying it to the max.

Now I live on the prom, I'll be there for the 2 weeks solid :D

Will we get enough visitors to fill his tent this year, maybe not when you see what the Steam racket charges are this year

Just put in for 1 person on a motorbike, coming over on 3rd June, returning 11th June (Heysham out, Liverpool back) and it came out as £172 incl. the fuel surcharge. This is against £92 incl. the surcharge for the 17th to 25th June.

To put this into perspective, the Brittany Ferries crossing for Poole-Cherbourg (a similar distance at sea) is currently £155 for TT race week. So not an awful lot of difference there, and in fact the bike is a lot cheaper outside TT on the Steam Packet.

And you can't really compare TT to Bike Week, at least until the TT brings in around 500,000 visitors! :P

I wonder if the smoking ban comes in, would the ban be effective in the beer tent?

I'd like to see the creepy little jobsworth guy go around telling people to put their ciggies out. How long do you think it would take for someone to throw him over the sea wall?

Stav.

Good for Martin.

The TT Tent was a brilliant initiative and I agree that the other brewery couldn't do it better. With a product like beer that requires planning a 3 year licence is a load off his mind.

I do have one slightly negative comment and that is that I wish the tent was a bit closer to the Pier so that the tent entrance doesn't open straight out to the viewing area for attractions. The current positioning creates a bottleneck [sic].

I assume that the beer tent will also be subject to any smoking ban that is introduced to other pubs and clubs?

Edit: Grrr @ Stavros for typing faster :P

If the smoking ban does come into force and is anything like the ones imposed in other countries the tent would be classed as outside and hense exempt from any ban.

Its a good thing that Bushys are given the site, if it aint broke don't fix it as a wise person once said.

Last year the tent smelt of sick. I think it is because of the stale beer on the floor from the night/s before.

Although it is great to have the tent near all the stunts and stuff I too would prefer it if either the tent or the stunts were moved along a bit.

Idea . . . .

Me being a bit of an old timer these days I would prefer another tent where the only attractions were beer, bands and people. That is all that is needed at bike rallys.

So how about at the other end of the Promenade near the Queens say. In the days before all the flats (not all that long ago) that end used to be more sedate, relatively speaking, and was where there were more British bikes and less idiots clowning around. And no bleedin' fairground either.

Archived