The Palace Lido

simonquine

Anyone know what the hell this is all about www.thepalacelido.com. Electric band, formed "donkeys" years ago. Lots of indirect references to the Island, songs called Ronaldsway and also several songs named after old Manx Steam Trains. Plus mention of the first plane flight over the Island.

Not to sound like an anorak but the pictures of the rails are definately taken on Douglas Prom. There are several other pictures that could also be over here and one which is definately at Ronaldsway Airport. Plus one taken from a window on (possibly) Brunswick Road in the snow.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Have you looked around the links of other bands and record labels. Ballagroove gets thrown up but apart from that all the sites are intertwined with each other.

Strange that's it's registered in London because all of the sites say they are based in Bristol.

People do move around. Most of the domains I own still have old addresses I used to live at as I've never got round to changing them because I do all the re-registering and such electronically. The actual registrant may have nothing to do with the site too, or it could even be false information.

I did say it wasn't much help :)

I'm 99% sure I know who it is. A great mate and ex-manxie, went through art college with him over here. Don't want to say just yet cos haven't been in touch with him for a while, and don't want to bombard his other website with loads of forum traffic til I've asked. He's Bristol based BTW.

I'll drop him a mail and see what its all about, but I would reckon it's little ties with the island that he drops in to his work. He's a top web designer and a pretty good musican. Likes dabbling in electronic stuff. We're going back 10 or so years since he was living here.

Get back to you.

(I'm sure a few of you will snoop the interweb now, but I'm sure he's more than happy to know you are interested, just give time to email him and let him know of your interest, ta.)

Never heard of him.

Although Google reveals a blogger from Bristol of that name - who's page links to his myspace profile, which plays a Safteyword tune. Which might be a clue.

Aye, he's on their friends and ours, but neither of us know who he is, suppose I could ask him but it seems a little impolite !, no worries :)

Archived