Wanted: Sealed Lead-acid Battery

GD4ELI

I am after a SLA battery, range 17Ah to 20Ah.

Does anyone know of a source on the Island? If not I can order before I arrive but would rather buy on the Island as shipping is expensive, but I guess the battery price on the Island would be so high that buying across would be a better option.

Another option is one of these - any ideas?

133787.jpg

B&Q maybe?

I am after a SLA battery, range 17Ah to 20Ah.

Does anyone know of a source on the Island? If not I can order before I arrive but would rather buy on the Island as shipping is expensive, but I guess the battery price on the Island would be so high that buying across would be a better option.

Another option is one of these - any ideas?

133787.jpg

B&Q maybe?

DMS sell those things (dunno what they are called)

But there used to be a battery place behind the co-op @ Falcon Glen, don't know if they are still there, but it might be worth a mosey on down?

I'm pretty sure the batteries in those jump start packs are the same as ones used in motorbikes and also used as a power back up in fire alarms so I'm sure you'd get them over here.

But there used to be a battery place behind the co-op @ Falcon Glen, don't know if they are still there, but it might be worth a mosey on down?

Hi, Where is DMS? Doesn't ring a bell with me.

Hi,

Where is DMS please?

Edit: Found them via the web, will give them a call.

Those portable power things are handy, they can start a car with a flat battery, provide power, inflate tyres etc. but they are intended to be kept in a car, they're too heavy to carry around, let alone carrying up Snaefell to work SOTA.

You could attach 2 6v lantern batteries together with duct tape or something, that should power an FT817 for a couple of hours.

A bike shop might be able to provide you with an almost-knackered bike battery for free, seeing as it costs them £2.50 to dispose of them. These are usually sealed in case the bike finds itself on its side.

What're you planning, and when?

Archived