Radio-speek

mollag

The pronounciation of 'Ballamodha':

these days each Manx Radio presenter has his/her very own way of putting in a silly inflection; 'mod-da' 'moh-dar' etc. All very irritating.

But strangely 'Crag-ny-baa' is always pronounced the way every one says sit. Baa as in 'bar'

When they start saying Creg-ny-baa as in 'Bay', (incidentally the 'proper' way) then we will know that them on the Douglas Head has really lost it.

Manx Radio pronouncing 'Andreas' as 'an-dress' because some old local with a peculiar idiosyncary (as old manxies seem to have!) insisted on saying 'an-dress', is the best though.

And does Chris Williams employ Dick Van Dyke's lovechild to do the cockney accent for his Saturday morning Carnaby Street Show?

One that i hated was up on the head, spelt Carnane but always pronounced canan or can-an, that was before i even knew the spelling!

Wotchoo reckon if we could have a cliche free election from the politos, you know, no more taking on board, or adressing things, nothing at the end of the day and no pro active sourcing of issues.

Any chance you fink? :huh:

And does Chris Williams employ Dick Van Dyke's lovechild to do the cockney accent for his Saturday morning Carnaby Street Show?

PMSL :D So true!!

I know it's 'Manx' Radio, but why do most of them seem to prefer American English pronunciation of words such as 'privacy', 'schedule', lieutenant' etc..

Archived