Manx Radio And The Bbc

manxmedia

post-1037-1144321074_thumb.jpg

If that is supposed to represent Stu, then you ought to be reported to the OFT for misrepresentation of used goods.

Not fair! I'm sure that's more or less what he sees when he looks in the mirror before heading off to his flying lesson! :P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flying LESSONS? I'm a fully-bantered PPL I'll have you know, qualified to fly cabbage crates over the briny in clouds (outside controlled airspace) and everything.

But in fairness my arse DOES look big in a sheepskin flying jacket. Well, in anything really...

PS Think the new Mandate is settling in well. Just don't push the "sexual" chem thing with the lovely Beth. It's giving me nightmares!!

'Sexual Chemistry' was invented by the TV media. And next came the phenomenom that is 'Dumbing Down'.

I imagine some twerp at Manx Radio has instructed the presenters to 'sex it up' a bit.

But there's no need for the 'flirting' on MR, even if it is gentle and innocuous just now. Maybe our presenters are trying to impress the Beeb or something.

Incidentally, did anyone used to listen to Johnnie Walker on BBC Radio 2 when he was on Saturday afternoon. It was just him and some really good laid back music - a great programme. Now the programme consists of him pretending to chat-up the motoring-news girl or whatever she is, every 2 minutes. It is all rather embarrassing.

"Sexual Chem" is sooooo 1980's. Please don't go down that road MR, keep to your usual high standards of presentation and allow the BBC to learn something from YOU.

surely its all about audience figures....if they are felt to be under threat which has a bearing on the advertising rates and advertsising income then its not surprising management come up with a revamp "idea" as a way of tring to retain listeners...whether it works haveing a good guy bad guy duo is another question....IMO all I can see is an extra cost with two people doing the same job that one did before....

...as for community liason officer...isn't the job desription just what Roy McM used to do as part of his full time job, i.e get out into the community...

..ps..did anyone ever see the job/position of Community Liason Officer advertised???

Roy MacmacmacmacMillan did a fantastic job for Manx Radio and it is a great shame he left us.

He brought Mandate into our lives to the extent that many folk simply can't ignore it. Stu has done a fantastic job taking it over.

If Mandate deteriorates, all that work will be lost.

Although it is early days I feel that in the last week or so, Mandate no longer has the bite it once had. It's 'Fun' maybe, but if that is what Manx Radio think it takes to get audience figures, then I am more than happy to stay tuned in to BBC Radio 4 all morning.

My loss. Manx Radio's loss too.

Archived