Sitting Members - One At A Time (12),

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We reach halfway this week with John Ramsey Houghton, member for North Douglas since 1996. Most of his concerns appear to revolve around Home Affairs - especially the police - although that's not too surprising after 18 years as a 'special.' Definitely not one of the 'insiders,' but is he effective?

(Next week, a summary of the results so far)

We reach halfway this week with John Ramsey Houghton, member for North Douglas since 1996. Most of his concerns appear to revolve around Home Affairs - especially the police - although that's not too surprising after 18 years as a 'special.' Definitely not one of the 'insiders,' but is he effective?

(Next week, a summary of the results so far)

Really looking forward to the results.

I did wonder at one point about what relevance his one man crusade against the Isle of Man Police force had to hisconstituency, but he seems to have been a tad quieter lately.

Although I did find his outbursts and reluctance to adhere to the speakers instructions a liitle while ago, a tad childish.

As long as all the old biddies in Willaston get there windows fixed, he'll get back in. He spent years nurturing them via his Post Office, so he's well in there, so to speak.

Only one question for oral answer from Hr. H. next week...

Q4. The Hon Member for Douglas North (Mr Houghton) to ask the Minister for Tourism and Leisure -

Why has the Manx Electric Railway Tunnel Car 7 been allowed to fall into a state of dereliction?

Voted No.

The man's a muppet. I'm surprised the poll wasn't for him and Henderson as a double act.

Many of his questions about the police are on behalf of his ex- copper mates and/or an anti- Culverhouse crusade

I also suspect - as a finance sector numptie - that there were some less than scruplous reasons for asking Keys questions about the FSC and liquidators fees agreements. It's not exactly what they're talking about on the streets of Willaston.

I voted yes for John Haughton..

;)

Well at least when it comes to election time you'll only have to put a tick in the box next to his name rather than have to spell his name correctly on the form.

Voted NO NO NO ...

Even if some people say he is someone who isn't afraid to speak out - the simple fact is that he believes that if he shouts louder than everyone else then he is doing good work.

The guy has been thrown out of tynwald for throwing a tantrum about the Chief Constable's report a while back, on numerous occasions he has called other MHKs a liar which is a very serious thing to say in tynwald even if it may be true or not.

He has had a bee in his bonnet about the police ever since he left under a cloud after an argument with the then chief constable - no surprises there.

He has a big mouth and not much else to back it up.

I voted yes for John Haughton..

;)

Well at least when it comes to election time you'll only have to put a tick in the box next to his name rather than have to spell his name correctly on the form.

Houghton- are you happy now..???????????

Baa Baa Baa Bleet Bleet..

:P:P

Archived