Is Your Child A 'goth'?

Amadeus

Upwardly gothic

(BBC News)

Behind the black hair dye and white make-up goths are simply art lovers, who aspire to middle-class values, says a new study...

The moment their teenage son or daughter dyes their hair black and starts getting creative with eyeliner can be a nightmare for parents. But a report suggests it should be a time for celebration.

Goths are likely to grow up to be doctors, lawyers or architects, the study by Sussex University says.

They are refined and sensitive, keen on poetry and books, not big on drugs or anti-social behaviour. They are also likely to carry on being goths into their adult life.

They have an ability to express their feelings and are believers in romance rather than one-night stands, it says. In fact, the only things dark about them are their clothing and their sarcastic sense of humour.

likely to carry on being goths? That would finally explain why there's so much black in my wardrobe :)

I knew it all along! Black is not only beautiful, but also the better choice! Well, better than any Chav anyway... :rolleyes:

I agree with that, i have never been a goth myself but i used to have a lot of goth friends at school and they were the best people to have a conversation with.

I wore the belted plaid, or a kilt in the Outback for ages as well, but then got asked to stop wearing it, as it was causing a lot of friction, idiots felt entitled to start on me, and give me hassle, girls lifting it up (that is actually really annoying and quite insulting and degrading). :-( Miss the Tardis and the freedom aspect to it.

Oh come on, you wear a kilt and its our god given right to find out if you are a true scotman!!! :lol:

Archived