The Lynx Effect

Amadeus

Teachers bemoan curse of the 'Lynx effect'

The average 13-year-old lad doesn't realise it yet, but no amount of Lynx deodorant will get attractive women drooling over him. In fact they are more likely to throw open the window, gasping for air.

Dozens of teachers have complained to the Times Educational Supplement online staffroom about the menace of the "Lynx effect" - teenage armpits doused in the stuff.

Messages indicate that although the Lynx habit often starts in primary school, 13-year-olds are the worst culprits.

The potent aroma even drives some staff to open windows when pupils return from PE, because they find it hard to breathe.........

.....A spokesman for Unilever, which produces the deodorant, said the comments were "fascinating". "This is about young people learning how to be adults, in the same way as a teenage daughter's first attempt at lipstick can go a bit wrong."

The spokesman added that today's teachers had less to complain about than their predecessors. "When I was at school in the 1970s everyone was using Brut, so we've moved on since then. That's progress."

Marketing done right me thinks :) We mainly used that stuff to hide the fact that we were secretly puffing away on cigarettes - didn't fool any mother, as far as i remember - certainly not mine...

... a room full of sweaty, BO, stale clothed, curry eating, chain smoking, alcohol drinkers.

Pfft, teachers have it easy compared to shopkeepers!

Actually, that sounds like a description of some local classrooms - allegedly!

Archived