Tunes That Take You Back To When Life Seemed So Much Easier

Mission

Just listening to some older music tonight and a few tunes popped up in the playlist that reminded me of happier, easier times in my life, before I had too much to wory about...

The Farm - All Together Now

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy

Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me

And a whole stack of early nineties house music that just brought so many memories flooding back.

What tune/s takes you back to easier times in your life?

Maybe not quite the same, but there's some songs that instantly take me back to places rather than times.

That damned Bridie Song was being played to death on the Spanish beaches when I was last their on honeymoon

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car takes me back to late night drinking around a hotel pool in Turkey

Eagles - Hotel California. Always liked that song, but more so after our drive doen the west coast of the USA

"You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave" takes me to Crater Lake Lodge, sitting on the rim of a volcanic lake high up in the mountains (OK, it's in Oregon, not California) where we stopped for one night and were snowed in and had to wait for the snow ploughs the clear the only road out next morning

post-111-1143448385_thumb.jpg

Pulp - Common People

That for me is "cutting the front garden"

When I have my first mp3 player it was such a PITA to programme that I used to just let it play the tracks in the order they were in and that was always on by the time I'd finished mowing the back garden and was starting the front garden

Pulp - Common People

That for me is "cutting the front garden"

When I have my first mp3 player it was such a PITA to programme that I used to just let it play the tracks in the order they were in and that was always on by the time I'd finished mowing the back garden and was starting the front garden

It reminds me of being hammered in The Tardis. :D

My songs are slushy but I will tell you them anyway.

Brotherhood of man. Save all your kisses for me, reminds me of when I was a kid celebrating my birthday, cant remember if I was 4 or 5.

Showaddywaddy. Under the moon of love, Angel Eyes and many more, because my mum used to play the album all the time!! :angry:

Some School Disco songs

Housemartins - Happy Hour

Spandau Ballet - Gold

Duran Duran - Reflex

Frankie Goes to Holywood - Two Tribes and Relax

Some songs that remind me of when I first started going out i.e. Palace Lido and JD's and Images Bar

Yazz - Only way is up

Billy Idol - White Wedding

Hue & Cry - Labour of Love

New Order - True Faith

Some songs that remind me of when I went travelling

The Verve - Lucky Man

Madonna - Ray of Light

When I was at School Soul II Soul - Club Classics Album, sitting in Poulson Park with a stereo (used all me money to buy 6 massive batteries) me and me mates tryin to sing along with it on the seasaw!

Northside - Sing LSD! Used to sing it get on my Mums nerves Used to go:

Shall we take a "trip" down memory lane

Head in the clouds into the "acid" rain

Time means nothing I can smell the trees

Chase a rainbow in a summer breeze

Da da da da Sing LSD!

Aaaa haaa Aaaa haaaaaaaaaaa....

Soup Dragons - Im Free

Played this so much, my Dad lost it and came in my room, snapped my record and goes "YOU ARE NOT FREE TO DO ANYTHING, TURN THAT SHITE OFF" and just chucked it all snapped on the floor!! Ha ha!

The Farm - Groovy Train

Flowered Up - Phobia

And all Stone Roses Tunes!!

REM - Green, love Orange Crush

Also played The Monkeys, best of, all summer while sittin down the Rocks in Casteltown!

Traveling: I think its by Fish - Ony wana be with you

The proclaimers: I would walk 500 miles

And another song that goes " Like a Blister in the sun, let me go onnnn"

Also Audioweb album!

At Uni - The tune "dreamy dayz" by Roots Manuva, reminds me so much of carefree days!

And Eric Sermon "Music" class summery tune!

And since then 2 years ago, im being honest when I say that cant feel like my days are carefree, cant think of a tune that makes me smile, life seems to be a bit of a rat race thesedays? Youth has gone! lol! Mind you i just have to listen to Jamariqua Seven Days to make me feela bit carefree and summery!

Archived