Germans Are Brainiest

Lonan3

I thought I'd introduce this subject before Amadeus does:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2105519,00.html

Britain and France have experienced long periods of conflict and rivalry but now victory in one area can be claimed: Britons are more intelligent than the French.

A new European league of IQ scores has ranked the British in eighth place, well above the French, who were 19th. According to Richard Lynn of the University of Ulster, Britons have an average IQ of 100. The French scored 94. But it is not all good news. Top of the table were the Germans, with an IQ of 107. The British were also beaten by the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Italy, Austria and Switzerland.

[Mind you, before anyone gets carried away, these results are produced by the self-same Prof Lynn who caused controversy last year by claiming that men were more intelligent than women by about five IQ points on average!]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[Mind you, before anyone gets carried away, these results are produced by the self-same Prof Lynn who caused controversy last year by claiming that men were more intelligent than women by about five IQ points on average!]

I wouldn't trust anything said by a bloke called 'Lynn'

Well, what can I say...

We're simply the best !!! :)

Sorry, I'll go now - but the Brits got beat by the Austrians and the Dutch, and that's simply inexcusable...

! always enjoyed working in Germany and found that if you remember that you are guest and acted accordingly you got very well received.

The sabbatical year that I spent at the Physikalisch - Technische Bundesanstalt ( in best German tradition ALWAYS spoken if in its abbreviated form – PTB - the German equivalent to the British National Physics Lab) was one of the high points in my career.

The ONLY real problem that I met was with Turks ‘Gastarbeiters’ – lit. ‘Guest Workers’ who were for the most part highly objectionable about ‘The Erics’ behind their backs and seemed put out when I and another Brit wouldn’t agree with their slagging off of the country and its people but a second minor problem was with the food.

I gained over a stone in weight whilst I was there!

Oh yes – if you go to a bar don’t EVER doodle on your drink drip-mat!

Well, what can I say...

We're possibly the best !!! :)

Looking at the article, the figures were probably calculated to a few decimal places, but they're not quoted, which puts Germany equal first with Netherlands. </geek>

I've certainly seen plenty of Dutch ladies who were well equipped 'up top' ;)

but the Brits got beat by the Dutch

Not really into that sort of thing though. Sidney?

BBB

(Polish Bloke B) )

Archived