Should There Be Vat On Banking And Financial Services Transaction?

manxchatterbox

In the UK the Govt is working with interested business groups to ensure that the UK position is fully informed by an understanding of the potential impact of any future proposals on government revenues, the financial services sector and UK consumers.

Never mind the UK service sector and UK consumers - what about the IOM' s financial services sector and IOM consumers....

In the UK the Govt is working with interested business groups to ensure that the UK position is fully informed by an understanding of the potential impact of any future proposals on government revenues, the financial services sector and UK consumers.

Never mind the UK service sector and UK consumers - what about the IOM' s financial services sector and IOM consumers....

Six incomprehensible irrelevant postings in one go ... welcome back. You been on holiday ????

Yeah, for the first time I've been experimenting with the "Ignore User" facility.

A pity really, because occasionally manxchatterbox makes a reasonable enough post. mcb should learn to spread posts a bit IMO.

I think maybe the 'Friday After Work Drink' has just kicked in or something.

I don't understand either. Half of the subjects are links to iomonline articles that we've probably read already. What is the point of that?

I second ans for setting up an "MCB miscellanious ramblings" part of the site that can be ignored by everyone else.

What she is saying ...

In the UK banking services are exempt from vat.

But this could change depending on the govt's policy.

If that happened it would apply to the IOM but not, say Jersey.

And therefore we would be less competitive.

Archived