Welcome Back Ben My Chree

Cholmondley-Warner

I travelled on that other piece of junk a couple of times. The staff were great, always welcomed with a handshake (rather than a frosty stare ) after climbing the vertical ladder from the deck. A relaxed attitude in the lounge with really comfy, if rather threadbare, sofas. Permanent teapot situation and bikkys for free.

the cabins are comfortable and quiet. A view over the bow for free rather than £50!. Only twelve passengers and no snotty nosed scallies running around wrecking the place some some Beirut kindergarten.

The food was pretty dreadful, but still an improvement on the overpriced s**t steam packet serve up.

the Ben is fine and, as I travel freight, the accommodation is usually ok, no hot water for my shower last time and no towels.

I did need to use a 'superseacat' last time cos I left the truck over, that was fine as there were few passengers, the Ben is infinitely preferable to that cattle tub.

As a comparison I travel over to Larne often and there is no comparison really. Fare is 1/5 of SP. Food is cooked well and very fresh. Free coffe for everyone, room to walk about, nice staff who speak English.

For Heysham to Douglas, welcome back Ben My Cree and its' wonderful timekeeping and cleanliness.

P.S, while away it is rumoured the boat suffered damage to its' orange bit by the bridge.

can anyone spot anything?

P.S, while away it is rumoured the boat suffered damage to its' orange bit by the bridge.

No rumour - there was a picture in the paper...

it would probably have been a good idea to sort that out while it was across, which i'm sure was the case

it would probably have been a good idea to sort that out while it was across, which i'm sure was the case

Had a look this afternoon, damage been repaired, BMC looks pristine.

Archived