Good ol' MR stated

"Tickets go on sale Saturday morning"

They then added

.......... "in the future"

and

"at some point".

Ever helpful aint they.

Im going to shave my legs now.

I understand if you register with the box office you get early warning of ticket sale dates.

I thought it was hillarious listening to Manx Radio lunch time news yesterday .. apparantely you shouldn't book a holiday off the Island over TT this year, not with Alice and Lou coming to town!!

Have to say I'm disappointed with that line-up. I was told we were supposed to get Morrissey and he fell through, so as a last minute we get two second rate has-beens.

You gotta be joking right! Lou Reed is a fucking legend. I suggest you go out and buy some Velvet Underground to play along with your Morrissey.

Well judging by the success of those acts, Lou Reed has 2 top 40 singles spread over a period of 30 years, whereas Morrissey has 26 in the space of just under 20.

If you want to include the Smiths and Velvet Underground in that as well...the Smiths have 19 over 9 years and Velvet Underground have 0.

The casual music fan won't go and see Lou Reed because they won't know much by him, whereas most people will know something by Morrissey or the Smiths.

I appreciate that chart success doesn't equal quality, but this is the Isle of Man...when SFA played the Villa (one of the most critically acclaimed bands of the last 10 years) it was less than half full.

Most people on the Island are reluctant to go and see a band unless they know enough by them, and lets be honest the Villa ain't the cheapest venue in the world.

Archived