Flights To The Channel Islands

Mutley

Direct flights are being launched from the Channel Islands airports to the Isle of Man.

Blue Islands airlines, formerly known as Rockhopper, start the service on Monday with flights between Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man.

The flights will run every weekday at a return fare of £295. :o

Managing director Paul Sabin said: "The three islands have very strong business connections as international finance centres. A direct service is overdue."

I was half thinking of booking a flight to Jersey to catch up with some friends until I saw the price.

Direct flights are being launched from the Channel Islands airports to the Isle of Man.

Blue Islands airlines, formerly known as Rockhopper, start the service on Monday with flights between Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man.

The flights will run every weekday at a return fare of £295. :o

Managing director Paul Sabin said: "The three islands have very strong business connections as international finance centres. A direct service is overdue."

I was half thinking of booking a flight to Jersey to catch up with some friends until I saw the price.

Thats not bad. British European was just shy of £400 before they pulled the direct (well via London City) to Jersey flights a few years back.

They'll struggle, I went to Jersey before Christmas, booked early return flights were £130 flying with BA via Manchester. It takes about 5 hours doing it that way but worth it for the savings, can't see even businesses opting for that one when there are cheaper alternatives, its not as if their timetable even allows you to go and come back the same day thus saving hotel bills so no different to the way things currently are.

I'd rather pay the extra than faff about for 3 extra hours.

I like going away but I hate the hassle of getting there in the first place.

I'm long overdue a trip back over there, so this is great news on a personal level.

Archived