Are You Out Of The Door If Your Suspended?

manxchatterbox

Don't feed the time-wasting attention seeker.

Particularly one who could - with an exercise of the intelligence displayed by discovering this information - quite easily go on to find the answers themselves.

What a strange satisfaction must be derived from starting innumerable threads of shite and drivel completely irrelevant to oneself.

You're a mentalist.

Now, don't let it happen again!!

However, one does not 'throw' a googly - one bowls it! Throwing is for the girls' game known as 'Rounders' or for the colonial equivalent known as 'Baseball.' Therefore 'to throw a googly' is clearly a mixed, but probably forgivable, metaphor.

Lone Wolf, even I know that you can do both during a match, but you can't do both at the same time! (Played rounders, see?) Which is why I gave the alternative. So not mixed metaphors, just two in the same theme.

However, you said...

I like to reply playing a straight bat and other times I like to throw a googly.

Which, is a mixed metaphor. Since someone who has been playing a straight bat can't suddenly throw in a googly.

Anyway a googly in rounders would be totally unexpected and illegal.

Declan, in the first phrase I was batting and in the second I was bowling. Two metaphors in the same sentence, but neither mixed!

Those of us who are married know the ladies are always right.

Or is it the men who are always wrong ? :rolleyes:

Archived