The Mother's Milk Of Politics - Does It Only Come From Manx Cows

manxchatterbox

Never heard of one.

I know a few genuine possible candidates who would like funding without strings attached.

Let us know if anyone can help with smallish donations.

Never heard of one.

I know a few genuine possible candidates who would like funding without strings attached.

Now that sounds interesting Charles ? A brotherhood of like minded politically motivated individuals ? A clandestine group plotting to introduce party politics to the Island (shock horror) or just some people you know ?

Never heard of one.

Now that sounds interesting Charles ? A brotherhood of like minded politically motivated individuals ? A clandestine group plotting to introduce party politics to the Island (shock horror) or just some people you know ?

LoneWolf,

Just some people who have limited resources I know who are independent and want to remain so as far as I can tell.

Indeed our emerging political force PAG may provide assistance to any prospective MHK, including canvassing and printing of literature etc. although one would probably have to sell their soul to them first.

Indeed our emerging political force PAG may provide assistance to any prospective MHK, including canvassing and printing of literature etc. although one would probably have to sell their soul to them first.

Exactly!!!

Why should it cost an individual anything really?

An all island vote, an all island booklet with one page of info and suggestions from each candidate paid for out of central government.

This boklet sent out by government so no outside access to electoral role required.

Open meetings held in church halls in each electoral area and no doorstepping by anyone other than the candidate themselves.

All radio stations with equal access to candidates

Election day lifts for the elderly and disabled also carried out via central funds.

Sorted

An interesting perpsective...comrade!

Never heard of one.

Sorry Charles, but for one I would not like to assist MCB in his/her political ambitions and I certainly wouldn't want to part with any of my hard earned cash to assist. From the postings on this Forum, I would rather give him/her our hamsters to represent than commit the fate of any person into MCB's hands.

I do have a horrible feeling that he/she is intending to stand in my ward and truly hope I would be able to identify MCB. But what if he/she is schizo and presents a reasonable, rational, informed and intelligent persona to the electorate until the seat is secured, then sheds that facade to reveal a spandex suit with MCB emblazoned across the chest to become "the Crap Crusader"?!

OMG!!

You should have been at the PAG meeting!

There are loads of people around who would frighten the living daylights out of you and who intend to stand and they are not just the ones who are already in power.

However the folk I am speaking about are IMHO rational sensible considerate souls who would be a credit to Tynwald and hopefully will be able to put their policies forward to the electorate provided some financial help comes forth.

So far they have not be corrupted by power and I trust if they get it they never will. Unfortunately too much patronage is based not on altruistic motives but what the giver can get out of it for themselves. So much of what is presented to the public is a false coat. We must look beyond this if we are to truly get the best people to represent us.

Archived