The Mother's Milk Of Politics - Does It Only Come From Manx Cows

manxchatterbox

How much does it cost to run for election? Can it be done on a small budget?

£150 for leaflets and £70 for 2 pairs of shoes.

I don't think that would be enough - leaflets, posters, a properly presented manifesto for most households in the constituency you're running for (only the postage for it is paid by the gov, not the print - and you'll have to claim the postage after it was sent out), meetings, etc - looks relatively costly to me...

Each election there are a couple of new faces, usually outspoken before entering the house that usually vanish without a wimper once in there.

Is this a reflection of the candidates personality, or of the influence of those already seated?

(£150 for leaflets and £70 for 2 pairs of shoes).
I don't think that would be enough - leaflets, posters, a properly presented manifesto for most households in the constituency you're running for (only the postage for it is paid by the gov, not the print - and you'll have to claim the postage after it was sent out), meetings, etc - looks relatively costly to me...

There are a number of 'trade secrets' which I started listing and then thought better of it if MCB is likely to run - (no offence MCB!).

It should be cheap to run for election - the last thing we need is a costly system that cuts out half of the population.

Some candidates spend thousands on professional and detailed literature, posters etc. and fail!

Others produce a single sheet of paper and get elected.

There is no right or wrong way. But I do think the shoes are essential. If you don't show yourselves on the door step there is no hope.

Archived