Mountain Rd Re-opened

Deejay Denzel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sweepstake was for the mountain I think Mo. The never ending bend is on the coast road.

Eye, but there are 2 never ending bends, one just after Snaefell, long left hander, i think its a pre-requisite of going to Ramsey that you need to do a big bender on the way up.

Crash#2, this morning on the way to Ramsey, i saw a motor over the bank, stuffed into the hedge just before the gooseneck. Does anyone have the statistics on accidents on the mountain? Cos 2 in less than 3 days is pretty good going, we could be onto some sort of record here!

The car over the hedge by the gooseneck has been there two months or more! :rolleyes:

Tell you what 99.9% of the roads over here could do with a proper new surface, not just patches!!!!

Tell us something we don't know.

The gravel trap is now a mud trap, and they've installed solar powered cat eyes:

So, am I to understand that there isn't actually a gravel trap there anymore? How do the TT racers feel about that, let alone the road riders?

Even if the public have no say in things like this, is the research/analysis/design available on public record?

Well, there's definitely plenty of soil in what was the gravel trap - maybe there's still some gravel underneath, but it was too fekking cold up there to spend any more time outside the car than absolutely necessary...

Archived