Mountian Road Closure Notice

Rab

The Mountain Road is shut for filming on 10th and 11th April!

Source: http://www.gov.im/infocentre/ViewNews.gov?...ml&menuid=10160

A18 MOUNTAIN ROAD (MAUGHOLD/LEZAYRE/LONAN) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2006

The Department gives notice that under Section 3 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1985 it has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit the use to through vehicular traffic of that section of the A18 Mountain Road, Maughold/Lezayre/Lonan, between its junction with Ramsey Hairpin and its junction with the Bungalow.

The Order comes into effect from 10.00am until 4.00pm on Monday 10 April 2006 and again from 9.30am until 4.00pm on Tuesday 11 April 2006 or until the filming work for the television series “Massive Speed” to be shown on the Discovery Channel, is completed, whichever is the earlier.

A telephone helpline is available on 02070 792720.

An alternative route will be via the A3 Ramsey to Castletown Road or the A2 Ramsey to Douglas Road.

This Order prohibits vehicular traffic from proceeding on a section of the A18 Mountain Road, Maughold/Lezayre/Lonan, whilst filming work is taking place.

I have also been gearing up for the next series of ‘Massive’ for Discovery. ‘Massive Speed’ is the title of this batch and that title makes it fairly clear about what kind of machinery we will be dealing with this time – should be filming some pretty exciting kit over the next few months.

Chris Barrie.co.uk

I have also been gearing up for the next series of ‘Massive’ for Discovery. ‘Massive Speed’ is the title of this batch and that title makes it fairly clear about what kind of machinery we will be dealing with this time – should be filming some pretty exciting kit over the next few months.

Chris Barrie.co.uk

Cool!

Is the Red Dwarf is coming to the Island too?

BTW Massive machines - Does that mean that they are test driving the lastest construction vehicles on the Island too ......... I have one in mind ........ should be limited to 25 MPH and always drive around with a 'Large Load' sign and orange flashing light on top.

Well - what else are they for?

post-2224-1144308697_thumb.jpg

Chris Barrie has presented a couple of series on the Discovery Channel (Sky ch520).

He isn't the world's best presenter, but he does have that "something" that interests the viewer without wanting to think "Rimmer" every time he opens his mouth.

Unfortunately we shouldn't anticipate any planet sized mining craft landing on Ramsey any time soon.

Oh Yes, it'll also be closed on Saturday 22nd for the hillclimb.

Can't remember the exact times but it was either 9-4:30 or 9:30-4 - anyway, closed for the best part of the day.

I'd actually be up for watching that, if I wasn't working. :(

Archived