Sitting Members - One At A Time (14) Dave Cretney

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This time it's the 'Minister of Fun,' Well known bike enthusiast and purveyor of oddments.

Actually, he's already said that he doesn't want 'Tourism & Leisure' if he's re-elected, which could cause a bit of a problem trying to find someone else who believes that we still have a tourist industry.

I don't think its unfair to say that he's not the most articulate of our politicians, but I think he genuinely believes in what he says and does.

Tourism and Leisure is one side of politics that I try and follow in my role as a dad as well as in my webmaster capacity. My personal opinion is "Could do better". It is obvious that he loves the TT, less so for the many other facets that come under the DoT&L's remit.

As a constituency representative I can not coment as I'm not in his area..

Refusing to leave licenced premises until the police were called wasn't his greatest moment in the past couple of years.

Maude's grants were paid by Mr Cretney's Department.

I'm one of the lucky constituents in his areaa, and although I have to say he has been conspicuously absent in commenting or raising stink about the traffic problems we've had in the farmhill/upper pulrose area over the last few years, every time I have written a 'furthermore etc' letter to him, he has replied within days with something. Not necessarily agreeable to me, but a response nonetheless.

I had the rare priviledge of seeing him in action against a crowd of OAPs at an AGM and I have to say 'respect to the MHK-person!' I could not have dealt with screaming awld biddies bent on having their public moment with the patience and courtesy he did!

The only real problem from my point of view, is at the last election the alternate candidates were too awful to contemplate. Not one came round canvassing, thank heavens. Perhaps it will be the same this time. I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

David is a good constituency MHK and has always worked hard at representing the interests of the people he represents.

He is honest and he is loyal .... unlike some others who were voted in on a Labour Party ticket David has stayed the course and is a pillar of Manx Party Political Politics.

He is always willing to attend public meetings and has given a lot of his time to helping run the Douglas Pensioners club.

He has a good track record of introducing social policy initiatives. Two which spring to mind are his attempts to establish a freedom of information act and he also successfully introduced secure tenancies to the Island.

Against ... he has joined in Ministerial Government .. an unmitigated disaster for Manx politics.

He makes all those embarrassing appearances to publicise the TT and ..

His department totally screwed up the Irish weekend this year !! ...

I voted Yes for David. We could do with a few more like him.

Jesus the mans as thick as a country slice, Honest ? next time he calls ask him how he got the lead of the roof of the Central Hotel, ok it was many moons ago. And he still likes the freebees :angry:

Hes nearly as bad as the one we have :angry::angry:

Jesus the mans as thick as a country slice, Honest ? next time he calls ask him how he got the lead of the roof of the Central Hotel, ok it was many moons ago. And he still likes the freebees :angry:

Hes nearly as bad as the one we have :angry::angry:

So did you vote Yes ? B)

Voted No

If hes your MHK then ask him did he object to Dandara,s Planning application to build on the Scholl Estate :huh:

This is the only ONE I would vote for on the Island

Not my MHK I live in the sunny south of the Island

By the way your candidate .... he would get crucified

Archived