Car Egging Vandals

Stu Peters

I am the owner of the lovely blue egged car..... and I am please to report that it rained later that day and the rain water loosened the egg and ketchup and it came off very easily with hot soapy water. I can only presume that the good layer of polish on the car protected it. There is another possiblity... egg dissolving rain.

That is a very menacing Easter bunny in the photo... we should be very afraid

I am the owner of the lovely blue egged car..... and I am please to report that it rained later that day and the rain water loosened the egg and ketchup and it came off very easily with hot soapy water. I can only presume that the good layer of polish on the car protected it. There is another possiblity... egg dissolving rain.

So why was Stu saying on the radio the other day that a complete respray was likely?

So why was Stu saying on the radio the other day that a complete respray was likely?

Because he's a journalist and it's a slow news week at Manx Radio! Glad this lady's car hasn't been damaged but, in the grand scheme of things, this is a bit of a fuss about nothing - I mean, no one's died!! Come on - 2 pages of comment - :(

Because he's a journalist and it's a slow news week at Manx Radio! Glad this lady's car hasn't been damaged but, in the grand scheme of things, this is a bit of a fuss about nothing - I mean, no one's died!! Come on - 2 pages of comment - :(

Actually, I was right - when my pal originally washed her car it was raining, and she thought it was OK. When it dried, she realised that it was covered in spots where the egg had reacted with the paint and bubbled it.

And is that the criterion for everything these days - nobody died so why give a damn? No wonder there's so much thuggery, vandalism and malice afoot.

As far as yobbery is concerned, I'm a zero-tolerance type. I play by the rules of society and expect the same of others. On the odd occasion that I don't, I'll hold my hands up and admit that I'm a recidivist miscreant.

Actually, I was right - when my pal originally washed her car it was raining, and she thought it was OK. When it dried, she realised that it was covered in spots where the egg had reacted with the paint and bubbled it.

And is that the criterion for everything these days - nobody died so why give a damn? No wonder there's so much thuggery, vandalism and malice afoot.

As far as yobbery is concerned, I'm a zero-tolerance type. I play by the rules of society and expect the same of others. On the odd occasion that I don't, I'll hold my hands up and admit that I'm a recidivist miscreant.

Ease Stu - think of your blood pressure!!! I'm in total agreement with you re thuggery, vandalism etc etc, it should not be tolerated. I'm not saying "don't give a damn", I just thought that, whilst very sympathetic to your lady friend, there are other things of more importance than 2 pages of this that people could be getting so animated about. ;) and before someone tells me not to join in this thread then.............I'll get my boat ticket!!!!!!!!!

I empathise with this situation. A couple of years ago, I came out to get in my car and found that someone, during the middle of the night, had dumped a whole tray of chips, cheese and gravy on my roof.

There was a concoction of ketchup, salt and vinegar and the cheese had gone hard with the cold night air. I wasn't even hungry, I'd just had my breakfast!

Fortunately, most of it had been blown off by the time I got to work but I think one poor guy that was walking on the pavement had quite a nasty surprise as I went round one of the corners!

Stav.

Ha ha... I've had THAT suggestion a few times myself recently!

I think the extended thread proves that it's these little things that can ruin your day just as easily as more worldly matters.

I'm a soft old shite and don't do violence (last time I squared up was 37 years ago and I lost), but vandals and yobs just trip a switch in my brain that makes me want to be Jack Bauer or Chuck Norris.

Only if asked Gladys...

Dunno - to be honest I was surprised and dismayed that dried-on egg was enough to cause paint bubbling at all, but it has.

Was more of a pain selling MY Merc than either of my BMW's - but the 316 was chopped in for a Lotus 7, so no pain at all then!

One of my cars was ‘egged’ in Union Mills a few weeks ago. At the time I did not see any real damage as the egg washed off easily enough. However, since then I have noticed tiny rust spots appearing around the impact area. The car is only 18 months old so I am going to try and get it repaired under warranty, if I am lucky. :(

Archived