Lou Reed Tickets On Sale

Triskel

About to be announced on the radio

Tickets on sale from 10 a.m. tomorrow Sat 8 April

£35 Max 6 per booking Box Office 694555

Thought I would mention it as its about to be announced. No news ref Ms Cooper yet!

Oh and see how long we can run this thread without bitching about the ticket price because you simply cannot see him cheaper and he's playing on your rock

Its not my gig I am just providing some public service info!

That's a fair price for just a walk down the road. I did see him amongst others at the Valley Charlton back in 1974 for £2.50

Was that the Who gig, which is (or at least was) known as the loudest gig ever.

That right! Montrose started the day with Maggie Bell, Lydisfarne, Bad Company, a favourite of mine:Humble Pie, Lou Reed and then the mighty Who.

Off the see the Clash cover band tonight at the Office, well it is live music.

Bargain! I understand MS Cooper will be a fiver more (not £7.50!)

Not bad considering he plays a 125,000 sold out show two days later!!!

A bargain to those that have more money than sense. The rock is always used as an excuse to charge premium prices - it wears a bit thin after a while.

A bargain to those that have more money than sense. The rock is always used as an excuse to charge premium prices - it wears a bit thin after a while.

I guess you could shell out between 80 and 160 quid instead, and watch a 48 year old strutting her stuff in the Wembley arena - clickey

From the same site - a ticket price comparison for gigs in London:

Welsh National Opera's Tosca (Royal Opera House, Covent Garden) - £45-£180

Royal Ballet's Giselle (as above) - £4-£77

Billy Joel (Wembley Arena) - £50-£75

Bruce Springsteen (Hammersmith Apollo) - £47.50

Red Hot Chili Peppers (Earls Court) - £40

Take That (Milton Keynes Bowl, moved from Wembley Stadium) - £35-£40

Chas & Dave (Amersham Arms, New Cross) - £17.50

Port Erin, It was £14 to see Chas and Dave last year at the Gaiety. It was a good evenings entertainment too. You moan about paying the going rate to see quality live music when a DVD costs 15 quid or more. You should be happy staying in doors then

There is no venue on the Rock to take a large capacity to bring the prices down. Seeing porformers in a small venue like the Villa Marina is so much better because you can either sit down at a table with a beer or go down to the front and dance.

I saw quite a few gigs at The Amersham Arms; The Dave Kelly Band springs to mind but I don't remember paying to get in.

Lou Reed - Manchester Bridgewater Hall - 13th June - £28.50.

So our gig is a little more expensive, but the Royal Hall has around 300 less seats and all venues in the UK add "booking fees", "credit card fees". so it still makes for a reasonable price.

£35 to see a concert is nothing really these days. You would pay that for a bog standard beer and nightclub night out on a bog standard weekend.

Stump up the cash, support the artists that come over, and you may well get more people interested in coming. Once people can see that there is a little money to be made in playing the Isle of Man, then they'll come.

And you get the benefits of seeing the artist in more intimate surroundings rather than being crammed into a football stadium with 60,000 other people, half a mile from the stage.

£35 is a fair price, thats what concerts cost these day.

I wont be going to see these though, as I don't like either Alice Cooper or Lou Reed. Still, I hope enough of you lot go along to support them so someone I do like will come over. :)

Archived