Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

On the abortion issue, I've been worried that the vast majority of people seem in favour of reform and choice, and the pro-lifers run the risk of being marginalised as meddlers, 

I am all for these idealogues having a voice although their street tactics cannot be condoned. However it is implicit for any interviewer to challenge any suspect ideologies on air whatever their views on the matter under discussion.

To allow anyone for or against a free reign to (one assumes) avoid confrontation is a cop-out imo. Editorial control has its reasonable limits and I think MR have explored those limits recently. 

You can be too nice Stu....and maybe get bullied in the process.

11 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The more I read/listen to the MR news the more I'm convinced that there's an IOMG sponsored mouthpiece in-house.

Or you could have a very jaundiced view.

(The above post was made without bothering to read either of the included links by the way. Busy day)

OK, so MR is a bit "hospital radio" but in my opinion it should be.

So the pro-lifers get more air time. As they should because imho there is absolutely no point in repeating the status quo. If they manage, somehow, to change the stance of some folks then fair enough.

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Or you could have a very jaundiced view.

(The above post was made without bothering to read either of the included links by the way. Busy day)

OK, so MR is a bit "hospital radio" but in my opinion it should be.

So the pro-lifers get more air time. As they should because imho there is absolutely no point in repeating the status quo. If they manage, somehow, to change the stance of some folks then fair enough.

If you can't be arsed to read it, why bother commenting? And for the record, I'm very pro-PSB. But only ones that stick to their licence remit.

18 hours ago, Gladys said:

Quinoa, quinoa? Who TF eats that? I would rather eat damsel fly eggs. Stick to lard - you know where you are with lard. 

I thought quinoa was that stuff you filled potholes in gravel with...

5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

If you can't be arsed to read it, why bother commenting? And for the record, I'm very pro-PSB. But only ones that stick to their licence remit.

Not can't be arsed but too busy, which you clearly missed.

What is the MR remit?

17 hours ago, forestboy said:

Early days when John Coghlan was on drums. One time a resident in Ballasalla. 

And not the only rock super-drummer to be Manx resident...Paul Thompson of Roxy Music lived in Mountain View (Glencrutchery Road opposite Nobles Park) for a couple of years in the early 80s.