Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

26 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

No he is not. he has stolen the place ( in sheltered and subsidised accommodation) of a more deserving bod who has paid all his taxes in the UK, unlike Barry who lived here far too long.

Sponger of the first order. Bullshitter of the second.

We suffered him far too long, believe me.

Good innit! Actually they had places spare and no takers. I am legally entitled and was not required to take a UK habitual residence test and was given the flat in a retirement place while still an IOM resident. Good innit!....Like small win on the pools. Now I am many years past the legal requirement to have a job...Good innit! I thank all of you who made it possible. Back to work tomorrow you slaves!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Good innit! Actually they had places spare and no takers. I am legally entitled and was not required to take a UK habitual residence test and was given the flat in a retirement place while still an IOM resident. Good innit!....Like small win on the pools. Now I am many years past the legal requirement to have a job...Good innit! I thank all of you who made it possible. Back to work tomorrow you slaves!

Like I said , Sponger. You have to live with that. I'll bet your neighbours love you. ......................NOT

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Like I said , Sponger. You have to live with that. I'll bet your neighbours love you. ......................NOT

My neighbours are in the same boat as me some two or three hundred of them over four sites. Minimum age 55 some are much older. You do not have housing associations over there. Age catches up with all of us even you although I suspect you will terminate at a relatively young age. The UK has a vast social housing supply and the landlords are social landlords and registered charities. Huge amounts of social housing is being built. I was lucky to get a two storey low rise garden apartment all leafy, sunny, patio, bbq etc...God is great! Well my one is anyway, Frankly I deserve it. Did I tell you I get free leccy as well? I am way over working age now. No probs my man! 

4 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Did I tell you I get free leccy as well? 

If I had free electricity (assuming no restrictions) then I would be tempted to mine crypto currency. If I didn't know anything about how then I would look for someone technical to go 50:50.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to step up and put your money where your mouth is, Manx Forums!

http://uk.radiotodayjobs.com/job/managing-director-2/

Manx Radio, the national public service broadcaster of the Isle of Man, is looking for a Managing Director to take the company forward.

This is a unique opportunity for an individual, committed to quality public service broadcasting, to make a real difference to this dedicated and driven organisation.

You will be an experienced radio professional with extensive and demonstrable media know-how, having ideally worked in public service and commercial radio. You will have already led teams effectively in a senior role and have a number of achievements under your belt, yet, still looking for a new challenge.

For further information regarding this hugely rewarding role see www.manxradio.com/vacancies. Please send you CV together with a covering letter by Friday June 8th to:

Lisa Haworth Human Resources Executive, Manx Radio, Broadcasting House, Douglas Head, Isle of Man, IM99 1SW or humanresources@manxradio.com[/quote