Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

Who needs diets and exercise when you are raking in all that cash in government grants?

Who needs body shaming personal insults that bring nothing to the debate except to lower it

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Linz said:

I agree the comments on the Chief Ministers weight are just rude. 

No their not. No person should ever be that size. No pride in himself, it’s just gluttony. A deadly sin, for some. 

Just now, Gizo said:

No their not. No person should ever be that size. No pride in himself, it’s just gluttony. A deadly sin, for some. 

I dont think it’s relevant. It’s just rude really. They wouldn’t get away with making such personal comments about a female MHK. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Play the ball not the man.

Comments about Quayle’s size, weight and appearance are absolutely legitimate. This is the “leader” of a government that last week unveiled its intentions for us all to abandon our cars and walk/cycle much more frequently. Will he be leading by example? This is a man who was Health Minister at a time when we were advised constantly (or, depending on your view, hectored constantly) about diet, exercise, weight control, and many more actions/activities to boost our welfare. Did he subscribe... or simply let it apply to the rest of us? From the external perception/representation point of view, he’s utterly obese, looks a total mess, and dresses appallingly. But he represents us in key Brexit meetings (according to him) with big hitters in London. So what do they think of the Island when this is what they see? Take a look at Alex Allinson and take a look at Quayle. Which one would you want representing you?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Comments about Quayle’s size, weight and appearance are absolutely legitimate. This is the “leader” of a government that last week unveiled its intentions for us all to abandon our cars and walk/cycle much more frequently. Will he be leading by example? This is a man who was Health Minister at a time when we were advised constantly (or, depending on your view, hectored constantly) about diet, exercise, weight control, and many more actions/activities to boost our welfare. Did he subscribe... or simply let it apply to the rest of us? From the external perception/representation point of view, he’s utterly obese, looks a total mess, and dresses appallingly. But he represents us in key Brexit meetings (according to him) with big hitters in London. So what do they think of the Island when this is what they see? Take a look at Alex Allinson and take a look at Quayle. Which one would you want representing you?

None of this has added anything to the topic, ie Manx Radio. I would have thought that the content of what he said about government meeting it's targets and MR being used as a government mouthpiece during the last few days was more worthy of comment than jibes about his physical appearance.

As for Allison or Quayle... well neither actually but that's my opinion and has nothing to do with physical appearance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

The one I would want representing me is the one who does the best job of it.

I seem to recall a chap called Winston Churchill was a fair size but he seemed to do a decent job.

To pillory the CM over what could be a case of genetics is simply childish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I certainly apologise for raising this personal aspect of our leadership. What started off as an observation, I see is not relevant to the actual nitty gritty of the running of our Island (but he has put on a 'few extra pounds' since taking over the empire).

Seriously though, when has ability/intelligence/political acumen etc ever had anything to do with Manx politics, leadership or otherwise?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Seriously though, when has ability/intelligence/political acumen etc ever had anything to do with Manx politics, leadership or otherwise?

Still waiting...

17 hours ago, woody2 said:

so why the sky news on manx radios website.....

how much does that cost......

Dunno - possibly nothing (quid pro quo) but I'm not certain. It's probably on the M.R. website to give people with a wider interest than only what's happening in Foxdale a quick link to the UK and international news.