Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

16 hours ago, P.K. said:

It's seriously "hospital" I grant you. But it has a certain charm. What other national broadcaster would tell you about a coffee morning in the church hall just around the corner?

Most BBC local radio stations, I imagine. The last time I tuned into BBC Radio Cumbria heading up to the borders every coffee morning that was taking place in the county was mentioned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:01 AM, Andy Onchan said:

Most BBC local radio stations, I imagine. The last time I tuned into BBC Radio Cumbria heading up to the borders every coffee morning that was taking place in the county was mentioned. 

Of course. But BBC Radio Cumbria proporting to be a "national" station?

Not.

I like MR and why not?

On 8/24/2018 at 2:37 PM, WKRP said:

Interestingly up at the Grandstand the TT bar is blasting out 3FM. As is the food concessions. Thought they would want to have the TT station on.

Maybe they were happy to receive a free hat and sticker in exchange ?

Well, what a pleasant surprise, this morning switched on for the news got ready to turn over and there is a new format for Sunday morning, great improvement, decent music, little competition a lot more interesting than usual, Terry Cringle who was really interesting regarding the Tower of Refuge and it's beginnings and then a recording of the late Bernard Caine and his memories of Peel.   Then Phil Gawne came on so I will may be switching over shortly but will give him a chance....much better tha David Callister.

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Well, what a pleasant surprise, this morning switched on for the news got ready to turn over and there is a new format for Sunday morning, great improvement, decent music, little competition a lot more interesting than usual, Terry Cringle who was really interesting regarding the Tower of Refuge and it's beginnings and then a recording of the late Bernard Caine and his memories of Peel.   Then Phil Gawne came on so I will may be switching over shortly but will give him a chance....much better tha David Callister.

For me Gawne = switch over to the BBC Radio4 (even if it is The Archers).

And MR are (temporarily I hope) dragging Andy 'knows best' Wint back for the Mannin Line. I can only take so much patronising and AW uses that up in the first 2 minutes of his shows

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2

Actually nothing.

I have been tuning in for over 40 years, most days and often the Sunday omnibus, (especially when Radio Gawne is on) and I haven't a clue what is going on. It is nice background stuff. Someone fell off a roof and some woman went to jail. Which if I remember rightly is the same plot as Crossroads, which I similarly enjoyed.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Is it the same one that was on Women Today? One day last week the discussion was "should it be called dessert or pudding". 

Luckily woman today was cancelled today and an even worse show put on in its place. I actually think Stu should be allocated more time based on his current performances. It’s the only think worth listening to on MR. 

• Like 1