Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So how many staff have they actually got ? Every day a new one pops up.   This is not Radio 2?it is just a step up from hospital Radio with a bit of yesterday s news thrown in.   There has to be a cull not employing more.  Last time I asked there were 70?plus a lot were part timers or contributing but all getting paid no doubt this is ridiculous.  There was a girl on the other day sounded about ten, she is new, why are they employing new staff when without government support they would not be able to pay the existing ones.   The Radio doctor who mumbles that much you have not a clue what he is saying obviously gets paid. All these little contributors who probably do not get a lot, it all adds up.    

A quick mental walk through the building reveals around 20-25ish FTE staff to me. People move on, people die, and if you want to maintain a service you have to replace them. Expecting everyone to do three jobs only works for so long. The ten year old you mention was a producer learning the ropes of presenting doing holiday cover at a pinch point. I know you'd rather have Chris Evans but there's no money, you see. But don't worry Sid, I've hurt my back so am on bed rest for a couple of days - that'll save them thousands...

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

A quick mental walk through the building reveals around 20-25ish FTE staff to me. People move on, people die, and if you want to maintain a service you have to replace them. Expecting everyone to do three jobs only works for so long. The ten year old you mention was a producer learning the ropes of presenting doing holiday cover at a pinch point. I know you'd rather have Chris Evans but there's no money, you see. But don't worry Sid, I've hurt my back so am on bed rest for a couple of days - that'll save them thousands...

So why has MR had to go to Treasury with cap in hand for more three years in a row? Don't they have a proper 5-year business plan? 

4 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I don't really see how a sore back precludes one from presenting a radio show?

Depends what the issue is, but will affect most people at work if it’s significant.  I can’t imagine it’s easy to drive/walk to work, then actually work.  If rest is needed, then rest is needed; if regular movement is needed, sat in a studio probably isn’t good either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Are you saying he could just dial it in?

If he was clever, he could phone himself up from his home and....answer himself, from his home. There might be some feedback on the line but that is a mere technicality.

Perhaps they could have a guest presenter when Stu is off, like Frank, or Tommy or one of the other nutters. Or even our very own Barrie.

Edited by gettafa

15 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

How does "hurting your back" your back stop you from presenting a radio show ?