Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I disagree Woolley, everybody at M.R. cares, but sometimes trying to juggle a number of balls in the air at once means that one is sometimes dropped. I don't know who was on duty, but the late shift is often just one person taking clips from recorded interviews, writing scripts, editing videos, reading the news, answering phones and the front door. 

Mistakes happen, but it seems this one was corrected.

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I disagree Woolley, everybody at M.R. cares, but sometimes trying to juggle a number of balls in the air at once means that one is sometimes dropped. I don't know who was on duty, but the late shift is often just one person taking clips from recorded interviews, writing scripts, editing videos, reading the news, answering phones and the front door. 

Does that mean that everything that is read out and posted on the website isn't proof-read? I thought 'news' was the lifeblood of a PSB.

It's a poor excuse if the basics aren't up to scratch.

8 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Yes- it was corrected on the website, eventually.  But the same mistake was repeated on the broadcast news at 11 pm, and then again at midnight.(Plus another glaring mistake, when the wrong sound bite was played, and the girl didn't even appear to notice.)

9 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I can understand that if something received at the station was factually incorrect, Stu. Obviously it might be some time before that is corrected. But to read out a sentence that is self-contradictory several times and to put it on the website? Well, that is poor and I don't think that YOU would do that. You would announce, on air if necessary, that it didn't look right and correct it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Begs the question just how much do the gardeners at Milntown get paid?

But that van is looking tatty (I bet they get a new van rather than a new decal. It's only taxpayers' money).

Edited by gettafa