Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

Yes tuned in but what a disappointment as it was just mostly repeats including sport from Boxing Day!

Hope they are back to speed tomorrow, although I can do without the Chief Minister yet again!

Not just you, the whole of the island could do without him...

• Like 3

On 12/30/2018 at 6:24 PM, GreyWolf said:

Talking bollocks, fair play to manx radio that skit was actually quite funny.

On talking bollocks I have to say Jon Moss was hilarious this morning. It was an interview straight out of Alan Partridge with two Polish tourists in Castletown. Did anyone hear it? They seemed really happy to be here but during the interview he must have dropped in so many negatives to try to get them to say the place was shit but they seemed to be such genuinely nice people they didn’t bite.

So you tried to come here last year but the boat was cancelled ... that’s a bit shit isn’t it? No, we understand that the weather here can cancel sailings so we just went elsewhere but vowed to come back later. Oh ... Well you’re staying at the George Hotel but Castle Rushen is closed and there’s not much else to do in Castletown as the shops are closed. That’s a bit shit isn’t it? No it’s lovely we like the fact it’s quiet as we were in London before we came here which was far too busy. Oh ... well the weather hasn’t been that good has it? That’s a bit shit isn’t it? No it’s been lovely we’re from Poland we don’t mind a bit of cold really. Oh ... Well I’m sure there’s even more shit things about the IOM I haven’t thought about yet. Have a lovely holiday! 

He’s such a smug, obnoxious tosser I dont know why they still put up with him. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

On talking bollocks I have to say Jon Moss was hilarious this morning. It was an interview straight out of Alan Partridge with two Polish tourists in Castletown. Did anyone hear it? They seemed really happy to be here but during the interview he must have dropped in so many negatives to try to get them to say the place was shit but they seemed to be such genuinely nice people they didn’t bite.

So you tried to come here last year but the boat was cancelled ... that’s a bit shit isn’t it? No, we understand that the weather here can cancel sailings so we just went elsewhere but vowed to come back later. Oh ... Well you’re staying at the George Hotel but Castle Rushen is closed and there’s not much else to do in Castletown as the shops are closed. That’s a bit shit isn’t it? No it’s lovely we like the fact it’s quiet as we were in London before we came here which was far too busy. Oh ... well the weather hasn’t been that good has it? That’s a bit shit isn’t it? No it’s been lovely we’re from Poland we don’t mind a bit of cold really. Oh ... Well I’m sure there’s even more shit things about the IOM I haven’t thought about yet. Have a lovely holiday! 

That posting says more about you than it does about Jon Moss...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes, I can only tolerate the man in small doses for the reason you allude to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

I think Mossie is ok. He's enthusiastic, interested and adds personality to the show.

If he is actually letting the interviewees answer his questions before butting in and answering them himself then it is an improvement to be welcomed.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2018 at 1:14 AM, Stu Peters said:

Gettafa - you're wrong. If the two former staffers are still on air it will be stuff they recorded prior to leaving. There is very little cross-pollination between BBC and MR, they are completely separate organisations although BBC IOM has some space at Broadcasting House. 

The youngfella Ewan Gawne presented Agenda this evening. Nowt wrong with that, as such, but he is a BBC employee.

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

The youngfella Ewan Gawne presented Agenda this evening. Nowt wrong with that, as such, but he is a BBC employee.

That's not who Stu was referring to though, but the two Manx Radio staff who moved into the BBC Isle of Man positions when those became vacant.  Gawne is employed (or at least paid for) by the BBC, but he was always meant to be working at Manx Radio - though other media outlets (including BBC IOM) may have the ability to use what he produces, depending on the terms of his contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I suppose so, but with MR being subvented so largely is it not our business too? If you were employed by MR would you be happy with the 'opposition' popping in to do the occasional show? I suppose not. That broadcasting house seems to be a bit of a laid back satellite of the government gravy train these days.