Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

With yesterday's UK Parliament Brexit stuff, and after much louding Manx Radio interviewed Chief Minister Howard Quayle for his views. They must have got him out of bed because he sounded like he was talking in a cupboard, or maybe talking under the duvet.

What were the sage's views? Well: Business as usual for Isle of Man says Chief Minister

Although he did say "you deal with the hand you're dealt". Which is almost a Peter Karranism

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

Although he did say "you deal with the hand you're dealt". Which is almost a Peter Karranism

And an admission, after all his previous Brexit bluster, that he/we do have F.A. say in it after all and will just be left with the unknown as yet fallout.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 2:43 PM, Twitch said:

I have no axe to grind against Ewan who does a good job, but to say there is loads of IOM content is a bit rich. Average is around 2 to 3 items per day. From 2 BBC journalists. Sorry but that is just crap. WTF are they doing apart form landing young Mr Gawne with all the work. They can't be off 'training' in Media City all the time can they?

So today's website offering is ....... zero, thus far (@ 13:33). Two reports from yesterday, three from day before but zero on Monday.

It's a joke. Both at the tax and licence payers' expense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Iomtoday and this week's Indy. "Tynwald secures Manx Radio's future. Radical plans for change dumped".

We don't want no change round here, yessir.

next months news......

it's time for another report........ got to keep the consultants in work......

Spotted this on bbc today

"The savage feud between the gangs resulted in father-of-five Massey being shot at 18 times. Five bullets hit him and he died on his doorstop"

Just to show that spelling and grammar errors aren't unique.

23 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

So today's website offering is ....... zero, thus far (@ 13:33). Two reports from yesterday, three from day before but zero on Monday.

It's a joke. Both at the tax and licence payers' expense.

I disagree. Its a radio station. Updated items are broadcast. A website's no use to someone driving or working. I could easily log onto IOM Newspapers and slag them off about their lack of broadcast content too.

Just now, piebaps said:

I disagree. Its a radio station. Updated items are broadcast. A website's no use to someone driving or working. I could easily log onto IOM Newspapers and slag them off about their lack of broadcast content too.

Read the previous posts leading up to my comments. It's relevant.