Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 hours ago, gettafa said:

They installed a cable, but if they used it what would they then do with Pulrose Power Station? Flats? Opera House?

A perpetual monument for egos, corruption and felt.

• Like 1

Someone (maybe it was me maybe) worked out that if you piled all the cash that had been defrauded from the building of the Power Station and all the debt too, in Isle of Man One Pound notes it would fill the Power Station

7 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

not built it in the first place?

I think the original plan was to let Scotland supply all our needs until some politician started bleating about being master of our own destiny and the rest as they say is "history"

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 8:50 PM, finlo said:

I think the original plan was to let Scotland supply all our needs until some politician started bleating about being master of our own destiny and the rest as they say is "history"

Strange how the gas still comes across in a pipe to generate "some" of our electricity though....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Don't worry, when we start lifting our own gas we'll be quids in...... it's at that point we can stick two fingers up. :cool:

There's only one place round here that gas is ever going to be found in unfathomable quantities.

It's on Prospect Hill.

• Haha 4