Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

It's the nasal whine that gets me coupled with the accent and because she has worked as a nurse she believes she understands all societies ills.

But clearly not obesity....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

She was in the headlines recently for making a joke about acid attacks, the victims of this horrible crime were not amused.

Yeah. She kind of fell into the "Wet ops Stu" trap with similar results. Unlike Stu, though, she is one self-righteous individual so it was enjoyable to watch her squirm.

• Like 1

Another no new news Monday with Kate Beecroft leading the bulletin on Sunday and today with EuroManx story.

Bet the new head of LibVan Mr Josum can’t believe how easy it is to get the broadcaster to run old stories for days at a time.

Guess he’s only warming up to more LibVan election stories to follow the kippers etc

1 hour ago, WKRP said:

Another no new news Monday with Kate Beecroft leading the bulletin on Sunday and today with EuroManx story.

Bet the new head of LibVan Mr Josum can’t believe how easy it is to get the broadcaster to run old stories for days at a time.

Guess he’s only warming up to more LibVan election stories to follow the kippers etc

If I remember correctly EuroManx was embarrassing for the IOM Government which had its eye firmly off the ball and will not want this to be revisited ever again.

Best not say too much in case it's not all in the public domain / under the carpet.

Edited by GD4ELI

7 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

If I remember correctly EuroManx was embarrassing for the IOM Government which had its eye firmly off the ball and will not want this to be revisited ever again.

Best not say too much in case it's not all in the public domain / under the carpet.

Yes, I don't recall that anyone ever explained how the Credit Control processes at the Airport, and/or Treasury, ever allowed a company with virtually no assets to run up a £1.6m bill for airport fees etc. I suspect, that TB and his merry men didn't have the balls to be the ones to pull the plug the moment they exceeded their agreed line of credit, which probably shouldn't have been more than £100k, in the real world.

• Like 1

No point digging up the past it will only cost more money.   What about concentrating about the present and the future there is still plenty of stuff that needs sorting like the unmentionable pension shortfall etc..  of course minds are being concentrated on the next election and keeping in the voters favour so there will be no movement on public housing means testing, which has been getting looked into forever with no results.   From now on it will be a political beauty contest or rather personality competition so that some of these drones can cling to power for another term of office.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

Yes, I don't recall that anyone ever explained how the Credit Control processes at the Airport, and/or Treasury, ever allowed a company with virtually no assets to run up a £1.6m bill for airport fees etc. I suspect, that TB and his merry men didn't have the balls to be the ones to pull the plug the moment they exceeded their agreed line of credit, which probably shouldn't have been more than £100k, in the real world.

Lob it in with the MEA oversight.....

So Jane Glover from Arbory Commissioners yet again makes the news.

Quick search of the Manx Radio news site shows an incredible about of PR on Arbory matters especially Laa Columb Killey which every year gets a straight forward free plug/commercial. Should it not be made clear of the connection?

23 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

It's the news 'silly season'. And it's the Isle of Man, so no mass shootings or volcanic eruptions to make the headlines.

There must somebody you can threaten with a Black Ops, Stu? That should liven things up, at least for a while.  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, WKRP said:

So Jane Glover from Arbory Commissioners yet again makes the news.

Quick search of the Manx Radio news site shows an incredible about of PR on Arbory matters especially Laa Columb Killey which every year gets a straight forward free plug/commercial. Should it not be made clear of the connection?

Laa Columb Killey should get a free plug, just like the St Marks summer fayre or the Blue Point country fayre (is that still on?) or a number of others should. They're community events. I don't see what your problem is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2