Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

:(

It does indeed.

When I was a bit green, someone I knew was going through a divorce. When they told me who their advocate was. I pulled a face. The reply was: "Yep! the biggest bitch in the business, that's why I'm using her."

Edited to add: I can't see there being much such work in Manx Radio's new target audience.

Edited by gettafa

58 minutes ago, gettafa said:

When I was a bit green, someone I knew was going through a divorce. When they told me who their advocate was. I pulled a face. The reply was: "Yep! the biggest bitch in the business, that's why I'm using her."

Edited to add: I can't see there being much such work in Manx Radio's new target audience.

I don't know.  There must be a market for "I have to divorce my spouse.  They insist on listening to Manx Radio".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have listened on and off all morning, it has been on all morning I just have been in and out and have to say...I was totally wrong, I was prejudging it , it is refreshing and I am now realising how tired the old concept was.   Good move by whoever jiggled the deck chairs.

How many times and for how long have you been reminded to adjust your clock this morning Sid?

I suppose it is public service broadcasting at its very best.

Can you say what has changed from the old concept to the new and how it is better?

45 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have listened on and off all morning, it has been on all morning I just have been in and out and have to say...I was totally wrong, I was prejudging it , it is refreshing and I am now realising how tired the old concept was.   Good move by whoever jiggled the deck chairs.

I'm with you on this one, Sidney:

I finally got around to giving a listen to the NEW SOUND of Manx Radio.

Wowwww!  Now I know why they were bigging themselves up for several months before the relaunch.
It is absolutely amazing - loads of new presenters and innovative features!
The early morning guy does a feature where listeners text in if their car reg number adds up to the same number as the one he has just pulled from
his random number generator.(This NEW item should not be confused with a feature he has been doing for several years.)
There is also "Where's Where's Where's Where's Wotton, Where's Where's Where's Where's Wotton?" Here the listeners have to
guess where Ms Wotton is. This is nothing like the little comp that Brindley used to do several years ago.(Possibly called Maps to Mind.)

Other "new" items are Guess The Mystery Sound, Guess The Mystery Voice, Radio Charades, Yes-No Interlude.
And amazing prizes, such as a pen, mug or car-sticker!

It is good to know that The Nation's Station is not afraid to try new cutting edge original ideas. (I can hardly wait for some other new programmes such as:
"Lunchtime Lucky Dip", "Know Your Parish", "Kelly's Eye", and "The Green Scene")

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

This morning, for example, the usual reminder of 'the clocks go back an hour this weekend' was replaced with 20  minutes (that I heard before going to the Beeb) of stories and chat and google/wiki read-outs about the subject. I dare say much of the rest of the programme  was filled with the dumbed-downers contacting the station with their amusing stories of the clocks going back although I don't know and I no longer care.

Actually, the show was spiced up with a story about the kiddies play area being vandalised and will be closing down at the Sea Terminal. I think there was going to be some phone-ins about it. The story made the bottom of page 14 in yesterday's local newspaper so maybe I am being churlish.