Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

12 hours ago, Uhtred said:

You appear to be under the misapprehension Glad that Manx Radio journalists can spell, punctuate and apply correct grammar.

. . . .  and that MR has a paid (presumably) News Editor.

Actually - I see that they have taken our advice and changed advise to advice. (So it seems that MF are performing the role of News Editor for MR)

Edited by KERED
Typo

8 minutes ago, woolley said:

Nucular for nuclear.  

Formlia for formula.

Infastructure for infrastructure.

(And the TWO lady newsreaders who pronounce NEW as NOO, and the other lady presenter who doesn't seem to know that words such as running, seeing etc have a 'g' at the end of the word.)

• Like 2

In case we thought sub-mediocrity was restricted to Manx Radio News, here is an extract from an article in this week's Isle of Man Examiner from one of IOM Newspapers' more slovenly contributors. The subject is the retirement of a much respected coxswain from Douglas RNLI. He says the sinking of the "Dawn Waters" in 1986 was an incident that really stood out for him.

Our contributor:

"According to a news clipping from the time, the sinking occurred 12 miles west of Douglas."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

In case we thought sub-mediocrity was restricted to Manx Radio News, here is an extract from an article in this week's Isle of Man Examiner from one of IOM Newspapers' more slovenly contributors. The subject is the retirement of a much respected coxswain from Douglas RNLI. He says the sinking of the "Dawn Waters" in 1986 was an incident that really stood out for him.

Our contributor:

"According to a news clipping from the time, the sinking occurred 12 miles west of Douglas."

Aka Peel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/31/2019 at 6:43 PM, Max Power said:

Yes, the only answer is to start sharing wealth more evenly, giving poorer nations and their people more incentive to accept the changes which are required, such as smaller families and birth control.

Not just poorer nations. Trump and his right wing evangelical puppet masters are shutting down family planning and abortion clinics in many US states.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KERED said:

Formlia for formula.

Infastructure for infrastructure.

(And the TWO lady newsreaders who pronounce NEW as NOO, and the other lady presenter who doesn't seem to know that words such as running, seeing etc have a 'g' at the end of the word.)

There seem to be quite a few presenters who use a very lazy speech pattern on air, they sound like the entitled little gits who shoot their mouths off in the pubs of Douglas on the one night a month that people can afford to go out these days!

• Thanks 1

I disagree.

To speak Manx you do need to speak lazy, like knockin' the end off words. And increase the tone of your voice to just below a squeak. Puttin' in the occasional stutter will add authenticity.

On the rare occasions I can bear to listen to Manx Radio on a Sunday morning (actually in the afternoon these days I believe). I have found that is how you do it.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2