Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Why would the Manx accent have special dispensation to have lazy speech? Some of the clearest speakers are our Celtic brethren when they articulate. I don't mean the broad Glaswegian, Belfast brogue or the super fast Welsh speech, those who pronounce the words correctly still have an accent but don't miss off half of the words they are speaking.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, gettafa said:

I disagree.

To speak Manx you do need to speak lazy, like knockin' the end off words. And increase the tone of your voice to just below a squeak. Puttin' in the occasional stutter will add authenticity.

On the rare occasions I can bear to listen to Manx Radio on a Sunday morning (actually in the afternoon these days I believe). I have found that is how you do it.

Moghrey Jedoonee has been banished to an afternoon slot when everyone is out doing stuff

Appears to have been replaced by Super Cold Sunday with Andy Wint

Edited by Donald Trumps

14 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Who is that fella on a Sunday morning? I’m the same. It’s the most infuriating put on over accentuated Manx accent I’ve ever heard. 

Kenneth Branagh

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, Uhtred said:

You appear to be under the misapprehension Glad that Manx Radio journalists can spell, punctuate and apply correct grammar.

I can forgive typos, but not using the wrong word.  Anyway, I find myself increasingly misapprehended these days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

I can forgive typos, but not using the wrong word.  Anyway, I find myself increasingly misapprehended these days!

A strange change of tense on this item from MR news:

The driver is out of the vehicle and is being checked by medics, while the road remained closed for over two hours while the scene was cleared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KERED said:

A strange change of tense on this item from MR news:

The driver is out of the vehicle and is being checked by medics, while the road remained closed for over two hours while the scene was cleared.

Straight out of the Police Training Manual, with a little help from the Uxbridge Book of English Grammar.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, KERED said:

Formlia for formula.

Infastructure for infrastructure.

(And the TWO lady newsreaders who pronounce NEW as NOO, and the other lady presenter who doesn't seem to know that words such as running, seeing etc have a 'g' at the end of the word.)

• Like 3

Andy Wint has a couple of 'heavyweights' from Mann Benham on Mannin Line in the Manx Radio Studio today.

Mann Benham are the main sponsors of morning Mandate.

Oh dear.

I wonder are they being given a free line on account of the one time flag ship morning radio show now only playing to people who are interested in pop music, Ben's Banger and Where's Wootton?

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2