Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I listen from time to time while testing radios, sadly I think the kindest thing to do with the whole sorry shambles is to just pull the plug out and let Energy or 3FM take over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

I listen from time to time while testing radios, sadly I think the kindest thing to do with the whole sorry shambles is to just pull the plug out and let Energy or 3FM take over.

Don’t be stupid. You aren’t that daft to want a pop radio to be the main station. Nothing wrong with Manx Radio. Just too many people not thinking through their criticism.

13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

They're all bland music stations, Dilli.

Manx Radio is not bland. It has so many diverse programs and so many shows that encourage listener participation. I like the way they are now and will continue to support them any way I can.

They are the official radio station to broadcast emergency stuff and do that job well .t

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Manx Radio is not bland. It has so many diverse programs and so many shows that encourage listener participation. I like the way they are now and will continue to support them any way I can.

They are the official radio station to broadcast emergency stuff and do that job well .t

I should have been clearer - throw out the MR management and let the Energy management take over.

7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Good boy Dilli...you just keep repeating that...

Image result for brainwashed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Actually, in many ways he’s not wrong.

Who here is tuning in to the two other local stations to hear the latest local updates on Covid -19 and how it will affect us?

If you want local information then you go to Manx Radio, even more so now.

Even I’ve gone back to the morning show (using Alexa to turn the volume down when the music comes on).

I’m still not a fan of the changes and I’m not even a fan of the programmes themselves but every one is well presented. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Who here is tuning in to the two other local stations to hear the latest local updates on Covid -19 and how it will affect us?

Even I’ve gone back to the morning show (using Alexa to turn the volume down when the music comes on).

I’m still not a fan of the changes and I’m not even a fan of the programmes themselves but every one is well presented. 

They should be for a million quid in subsidy a year !!!!!!

Indeed

But as Dili said, they are doing a good job of it despite the programme formatting not being to everyone’s taste (mine for example) and it is the station we tune into in times of emergency.  

Whether they could do it for less is another story and one that has been discussed many times. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Indeed

But as Dili said, they are doing a good job of it despite the programme formatting not being to everyone’s taste (mine for example) and it is the station we tune into in times of emergency.  

Whether they could do it for less is another story and one that has been ignored many times. 

Fixed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ecobob said:

Not sure about that

Moulton is usually first on the job & you can pick up the rest from government & Tynwald postings on Twitter 

• Like 2