Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

8 hours ago, ecobob said:

Actually, in many ways he’s not wrong.

Who here is tuning in to the two other local stations to hear the latest local updates on Covid -19 and how it will affect us?

If you want local information then you go to Manx Radio, even more so now.

Even I’ve gone back to the morning show (using Alexa to turn the volume down when the music comes on).

I’m still not a fan of the changes and I’m not even a fan of the programmes themselves but every one is well presented. 

I turn on to listen to the news. These days it's some almost random time between on the hour and half past the hour (ok, I know, it's supposed to be 20 minutes).

I had to endure Ben banging on about his banger and how hilarious the two Chris's are in the morning. That is to say Shouty Shouty Chris who thinks he is still in the pit lane, and non-shouty Chris.

But as soon as I hear the news once, it's back to BBC Radio 4 Today for me.

I may have hinted at it, but I feel Manx Radio is getting rather dire.

Edited by gettafa
Typo...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Not sure about that

Moulton is usually first on the job & you can pick up the rest from government & Tynwald postings on Twitter 

What percentage of people use Twitter?  Radio is the main informer

19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

What percentage of people use Twitter?  Radio is the main informer

I can’t for the life of me imagining joining twitter to hear the news. But then, like you, I’m an oldie. 

8 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I wonder

There's possibly more local 'listening' activity on Facebook

I’ve dumped that. I couldn’t work out why I spent two days on the settee in the same clothes bawling my eyes out until I realised I’d got pulled in to the Facebook madness. Funnily enough, since I’ve dumped it my mental health has been considerably improved. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Paul Moulton is dire, stupid questions that often answers have already been given to .:spam:

Yes. He doesn't listen to what is being said and therefore often asks a question that has been answered only moments before. John Moss on Mandate was similar in this regard. He was worse actually because he would ask the question then proceed to butt in and answer it himself. 

• Like 5