Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Switched on for the news at 7:00 (Don't know why I bother) and caught a few seconds of Chris Kinley and Chris Williams. No doubt someone up there thinks it's radio simpatico to have the two of them on together. Kinley always sounds like he's reporting live from Ballaugh Bridge during a particularly hectic Senior T.T. Does he know the races are cancelled this year ?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Holte End said:

How long have been off island. 

Comparing Radio 3 to Manx Radio.

Radio 3 is a blessed relief from the bollox of Brexit, that silly virus and the dumbing-down of daytime Radio 2 (Ken Bruce excepted).

Try it - and as for a comparison with MR - I'd say it's valid.

No need for any live presenters at MR until 7AM.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Pretty sure that if manx radio really wanted to reduce costs they could have less presenters on at the same time. Why on earth do they have 2 presenters on at 5am?

And increasingly throughout the whole day.  I presume the idea is that if one of them says anything remotely critical of the government or our Dear Leader, the other is supposed to shoot them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Who is the new boss ?

Chris Sully aka Chris Pearson

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Pretty sure that if manx radio really wanted to reduce costs they could have less presenters on at the same time. Why on earth do they have 2 presenters on at 5am?

They don't want or need to reduce costs. The cheque has been signed. The 3 year party has begun.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Youse guys! It's like a sport for you, this thread. Don't you have any baby seals to club?

I think the interaction between the presenters is excellent. I don’t get up early enough now for the earlier shows , but the afternoon ones are great to listen to. They all click and in my opinion makes for good radio. The comps. are good.:thumbsup:

Edited by dilligaf

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You manage to present your late night show alone don't you? Why does the 5-7.30am slot need two presenters?

It doesn't usually, CW is self isolating at home so baldy Chris is needed in the studio to swap the 78's on the decks.

Though why baldy can't just do his show for him in the meantime is anybody's guess?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1