Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Essential Classics is a great listen on Radio 3, mornings from Mon-Fri; and Sarah Walker's Sunday morning show too. I find I can do other things as I'm listening so I can leave it on all day sometimes. Radio 4 for news in the morning then flick over to Radio 3. I went off Radio 2 a long time ago but I still listened to Terry Wogan right to the end. I still miss him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Essential Classics is a great listen on Radio 3, mornings from Mon-Fri; and Sarah Walker's Sunday morning show too. I find I can do other things as I'm listening so I can leave it on all day sometimes. Radio 4 for news in the morning then flick over to Radio 3. I went off Radio 2 a long time ago but I still listened to Terry Wogan right to the end. I still miss him.

Saturday morning record review is also worth a mention 

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It was a culture shock when he went and they put that total arse Evans on. And now Zoe Ball isn't it? I almost prefer the adverts on MR. Almost. In fact, after the news I think I prefer silence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, parchedpeas said:

12 hours of content @ £100 an hour (7am-7pm), 365 days a year costs £438,000.
Kids are making this stuff in their bedrooms, now. For clicks and ad commission. Are you telling me we can't tempt a few Manx kids to knock out some programming for the "nations station", even if we offer them £100 an hour?.

Music'd be shit though, wouldn't it? Oh, wait............

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, woolley said:

Broadcasting still has a long way to go and it is more efficient for large audiences than streaming. 

Digital maybe. Arguably. But the cost of the transmitter network is huge. And the broadcasters get that at a huge subsidy.

Analogue FM by contrast is a vast waste of bandwidth. Hugely inefficient. Enormous chunks of spectrum wasted on dumb mystery voice competitions and the hits of 80s.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

It is hospital radio by another name, stuttering news reader, dreadful music mostof the time, not worth the money.

Must be your daftest post Sid. Manx Radio is great value, community radio, with presenters worth their weight in gold compared to other local stations. I really can’t believe the amount of bitching about a radio station . We have to have a national   station for times such as now. What is so hard to understand about that. Can you really give a decent critique besides all the bullshit you spew about MR.

Take one example. Listen to the afternoon show with. Christie De Haven. What a gem of a person and a fantastic presenter who knows the music scene inside out. That is just one show. The day is filled with things like this and I cannot for the life of me see why all 5his hatred is on here. I will never be persuaded that MR is not worth the money. Keep up the good work.

47 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Manx Radio is great value, community radio, with presenters worth their weight in gold

It would probably be cheaper to commission gold statues of the presenters than to keep funding Manx Radio. 

As has already been said it is hospital radio at best. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

It is hospital radio by another name, stuttering news reader, dreadful music mostof the time, not worth the money.

If you think MR is bad, listen to the S African bint on 3fm in the morning 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dilligaf said:

Don’t know why, but Spitting Image comes to mind. Why is that ? Don’t understand.

No idea why so many get their panties in a bunch over MR. Government pull our pants down and spank us on a lot worse than this

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Don’t know why, but Spitting Image comes to mind. Why is that ? Don’t understand.

'Cos you've never met a nice South African?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2