Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

He’ll be fine when he gets his pay packet, all on his own on a show made for 2 sometimes 3 presenters might be on double bubble. I can’t listen to that dribble all afternoon, though his charade today could be a tv series (lost) 

You mean the “ Crocodile Rock“ one when he wasn’t actually alone ?
If you don’t like it , why listen ? I love the afternoon shows and the evening and later ones too. It’s community radio and very good in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barlow said:

I feel a bit awful.

Howard is on his own in the Manx Radio studio this afternoon and he's sounding rather lonely and sad. Playing sad music too,

I hope he is alright.

Howard and Christy have a fantastic rapport that I have not heard or seen since Chris Evans and Gabby Roslin ( sp) . I love their show. Just a shame it is only a two hour slot. 
Alex, next up is a star. An intelligent guy with a good sense of humour and a great taste in music.

Stu hosts a great show at night 

Kerry G is brilliant, as is Sarah H, Beth A, Mike R Chris K. 
This talent is there, no doubt about it,

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hey, Manx Radio hasn't switched today's questions for the Coronavirus-19 briefing over to AM.

I suppose Alex Brindley will be fuming that he is losing so much 'me' time on the air. Which is probably a good thing, but I'm not sure if it is worth the £200,000 extra Manx Radio is sucking out of the taxpayer for doing these briefings

IoM Gove do them live on Facebook for free. So does 3fm and IoM Newspapers and a few others.

Edited by Barlow
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Hey, Manx Radio hasn't switched today's questions for the Coronavirus-19 briefing over to AM.

You're 'confused' @The Dog's Dangly Bits

Let me clarify.

Manx Radio started to cut the broadcast of the Coronavirus-19 briefings.

Even though they are paid £1,000,000 per annum as a public broadcaster plus £200,00 for their 'extra' Coronavirus-19 stuff.

Looks like they thought today that they'd maybe best keep the questions in. 

There are 4 or 5 other media outlets including Isle of Man Government itself who put the full uncut broadcast out on Facebook for diddly-pat.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:08 PM, piebaps said:

And your point is? Compared to Peel Marina dredging, MR is excellent value for money. At least everyone has a chance to use its services.

Indeed. So we chuck money at Manx Radio and the people who work for it as if there was no tomorrow.

The newspapers on the Island during lockdown were very thin. There simply wasn't a lot going on. 

And yet Manx Radio used the lean time to beg an extra £200,000 out of the taxpayer. Jees, if anything, it should have been the government claiming back £200,000 of the subvention

They were already taking the piss by spinning 3 minutes discs in the morning during a time when there would be previously have been Manx Radio people earning their money, interviewing politicians, the public, chasing news stories etc.

My point is loud and clear, sweet piebaps. Manx Radio is ripping off the taxpayer. Big time.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

Can someone at MR give George Ferguson the studio operating manual please?

He was good value on I think Friday afternoon. He had a 15 year old student in the studio who wanted to become a presenter. GF made so many goofs and laughed at himself, the young lad must have been reassessing his career choice. 😯

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

He was good value on I think Friday afternoon. He had a 15 year old student in the studio who wanted to become a presenter. GF made so many goofs and laughed at himself, the young lad must have been reassessing his career choice. 😯

I quite like his style, easy and quite self-deprecating, but he can't operate the technology.  

• Thanks 1