Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

What experiences have you had that has led you to this odd claim? Are you a teaching inspector? 

Any chance you can feck off and troll some other topic...:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

So, none then? Just a stupid, empty soundbite. 

He has a valid point. Authority nowadays tends to try to buy respect by being matey rather than earning and commanding it through conduct, knowledge and gravitas. It doesn't work. You only have to watch a police officer trying to cosy up to a bunch of feral youths by laughing and joking with them while they take the mickey to realise the futility of this liberal approach.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

You only have to watch a police officer trying to cosy up to a bunch of feral youths by laughing and joking with them while they take the mickey to realise the futility of this liberal approach.

Right. Where can I watch that then? 

I think you are arguing for arguments sake LC.

The police in the Isle of Man use the friendly friendly approach to feral youths, I had one of the wee bastards break-in. the police knew who it was and just talked their way out of it for them. You see police in the pubs and they're as chatty as can be with the drug dealers etc. The ordinary citizen isn't in on the game, they are just the punters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I'm not arguing anything, just seeking some sort of examples to flesh out some claims. Otherwise I have to take it on faith, which bearing in mind those making the claims, I'm not prepared to do. 

41 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I'm not arguing anything, just seeking some sort of examples to flesh out some claims. Otherwise I have to take it on faith, which bearing in mind those making the claims, I'm not prepared to do. 

This is established custom and practice, not a claim.

Here is an example of the results of this approach if that is any help:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/spat-at-bottled-called-paedo-13866439

Edited by woolley
  • Like 2

It's gone a bit off topic but anyway;

Our house got robbed. The police could not help, We carried out our own investigations. Feral kids/Care Home kids were seen entering the house. Further investigations found one of them had come into some cash (we had cash robbed, new bank notes, so traceable as we had access to other notes). We told the police and even gave a name. "If that's him, we'll get nothing out of him" said the police man. They didn't even try.

Another broke into a neighbour's house. The neighbour manage to catch the guy and after a struggle  he escaped. Called the police and gave a description. They knew who he was from the description. "Oh, he was only looking for somewhere to stay" The neighbour's house possibly looked unoccupied, and so that was the end of that. I wonder what crimes the wee shit has entered into since, now he will be in his late 20s.

I suppose it all makes the policeman's lot a happier one. Not too good for their reputation or confidence rating from the public though.

• Like 2

We once had malicious criminal activity targeted at the business. Identified the person involved. Police went round and questioned him. Pontificated about it for a few weeks and then decided "no further action". Although they did go around to his house to inform him that there was no further action to (quoting the officer) "put his mind at rest". Well that's OK then.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

The police in the Isle of Man use the friendly friendly approach to feral youths, I had one of the wee bastards break-in. the police knew who it was and just talked their way out of it for them. You see police in the pubs and they're as chatty as can be with the drug dealers etc. The ordinary citizen isn't in on the game, they are just the punters.

LC argues at every opportunity. A female woody...

Edited by Neil Down

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:
5 hours ago, gettafa said:

LC argues at every opportunity. A female woody...

You still think it is female ?

I'll wager that it wears bib and brace gear, has a skinhead and a pushbike.

• Haha 1