Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

I suppose policing is one of those jobs that looks easy to those of us outside the system, whereas it's really not. But comments like the last few about 'no further action' makes me very vexed. YouTube has a great example of that, but on a much bigger and scarier scale. Listen particularly to the 50 guys on the staircase story...

Back to a favourite criticism and that is the ads on MR, or more the choice of voice actor.  There is one who inflects down the last word of every sentence, it is just very irritating and she seems to be the actor of choice for so many ads.  

Also, the woman who says handyman with an exaggerated nudge,nudge-type emphasis.

It is about time the agency was changed and we got more good Manx Geofferies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Back to a favourite criticism and that is the ads on MR, or more the choice of voice actor.  There is one who inflects down the last word of every sentence, it is just very irritating and she seems to be the actor of choice for so many ads.  

Also, the woman who says handyman with an exaggerated nudge,nudge-type emphasis.

By heck Gladys, yer not wrong though.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gladys said:

Agree. If that is meant to be sexy, I have to wonder which of the 6 sexes she is FFS :o.

She certainly does not appeal to the straight male.

52 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Yes the adverts are boring, they obviously cost to change them but Spectrum windows manage it. I like Costains as well but some of the others .......

Spectrum ads were very good for some time.

Then they got some come over to do the Manx accent. FFS that is totally embarrassing.

Why can't they see that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I consciously avoid some of the businesses involved deliberately because of the radio adverts. 

If you think some of those are bad, try watching the Money Supermarket adverts. Now that's what you call dire