Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

For how many years will they continue to play the advert that invites you to go to the "newly opened" Ghandi Restaurant? 

I'm sure all co0mmercial radio stations would prefer to have clients refresh their commercials on a regular basis. But it's the client who buys the airtime and decides if they want to spend much of their budget on production costs - nothing to do with the station.

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Now that Tynpotwald has amongst its collective, ex Manx Radio employees and other assorted groupies, there will be no chance of Manx Radio ever reforming itself. In fact it will continue to bleed the island dry. 

By that perverse logic, Energy would have been awarded the annual subvention when JT became an MLC - and he was boss of his station and not a fairly junior reporter. But don't let logic get in the way of your bile.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

It will be interesting to see what happens up on the hill. Tim hasn’t replaced himself, and now Tanya has gone, they are effectively two down. 

And one of the BBC crew has gone to the UK too.....

Will Tim miss himself? Will Tanya (who?) be missed?

And the cosy BBC employees - what did they do? 

Bring back poor old [NewsBot]

Edited by gettafa

The BBC Ellan Vannin job must be one of the cushiest on the Island. (And THAT is saying something!)

I mean, look at this for the best part of a week's output:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/europe/isle_of_man

plus the occasional item to go into NW Tonight.

A bloody embarrassment when both the CIs have their own BBC local radio stations and CI television local news opt outs. We don't get value for money. BBC should at least pay to take ads off MR.

• Like 2

A radio station that relies on public subsidy to keep it going, yet the fancy cars in the car park suggest that some of those in charge are doing very nicely out of it. What are the salaries of the top management team? As the public are subsidising them, I think we should know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joebean said:

A radio station that relies on public subsidy to keep it going, yet the fancy cars in the car park suggest that some of those in charge are doing very nicely out of it. What are the salaries of the top management team? As the public are subsidising them, I think we should know.

I doubt you will get answer to that one. Commercially Confidentiality.  Manx Radio has had its day, it’s time to sink or swim, or put it out of its misery. Energy FM don’t get any funding, neither do 3FM. Whatever Manx Radio wants, Tynpotwald says yes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

When Manx Radio started to employ presenters as hourly paid contractors there was uproar. Until they were shown the hourly rate on offer "Ahh.." they thought just before they stfu "That'll do nicely".

is it nmw like other stations........

1 hour ago, woolley said:

The BBC Ellan Vannin job must be one of the cushiest on the Island. (And THAT is saying something!)

I mean, look at this for the best part of a week's output:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/europe/isle_of_man

plus the occasional item to go into NW Tonight.

A bloody embarrassment when both the CIs have their own BBC local radio stations and CI television local news opt outs. We don't get value for money. BBC should at least pay to take ads off MR.

you can't blame the bbc for choices taken by tinpot......

59 minutes ago, joebean said:

I think the CE was around the £113k mark, it was published fairly recently for some reason?

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I think the CE was around the £113k mark, it was published fairly recently for some reason?

The accounts are made public each year as they have to go to Tynwald as part of the annual report. You can find them at the Tynwald website.

https://mm.aiircdn.com/147/5810c5303f593.pdf Here's 2016 and while there's no data on everyone's earnings, it does reveal that the top salary is between £75k and £100K.

• Like 1