Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

It's like everything else. Many of the people who actually do the work there are not particularly well paid. The management, who are never heard on air, have never put a penny of their own money on the line and whose contribution to the enterprise is well hidden from public view are handsomely remunerated for running what is a very small operation.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

I think the CE was around the £113k mark, it was published fairly recently for some reason?

4 hours ago, piebaps said:

https://mm.aiircdn.com/147/5810c5303f593.pdf Here's 2016 and while there's no data on everyone's earnings, it does reveal that the top salary is between £75k and £100K.

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

I must have been thinking of another role, cheers.

Stu Peters' expenses?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, woolley said:

It's like everything else. Many of the people who actually do the work there are not particularly well paid. The management, who are never heard on air, have never put a penny of their own money on the line and whose contribution to the enterprise is well hidden from public view are handsomely remunerated for running what is a very small operation.

Yep, the first sentence is nail on head. You can apply the above to just about any Isle of Man Government group of people, Department or whatever.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joebean said:

A radio station that relies on public subsidy to keep it going, yet the fancy cars in the car park suggest that some of those in charge are doing very nicely out of it. What are the salaries of the top management team? As the public are subsidising them, I think we should know.

I have two of the fanciest cars frequently in the car park. One is 16 years old, the other 28. My motorbike is 33...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, joebean said:

A radio station that relies on public subsidy to keep it going, yet the fancy cars in the car park suggest that some of those in charge are doing very nicely out of it. What are the salaries of the top management team? As the public are subsidising them, I think we should know.

Anyone can get a fancy car on finance. You need more evidence of wealth and the source of it.

2 hours ago, TurricanII said:

Anyone can get a fancy car on finance. You need more evidence of wealth and the source of it.

Yes, which is why I am asking what the salaries are. As we are helping to pay them, we should know. My guess is that most of the subsidisers would be surprised and might ask questions relating to good value.

• Thanks 1

Your guess is wide of the mark. I suspect if that information became available most local people would actually be surprised at how little Manx and UK local radio stations pay compared to the obscene salaries paid by the BBC.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Your guess is wide of the mark. I suspect if that information became available most local people would actually be surprised at how little Manx and UK local radio stations pay compared to the obscene salaries paid by the BBC.

That's the problem Stu, people jumping to the wrong conclussions that you are on a par with some of the BBC presenters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

Where does the near million pounds go then?, expenses?.

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

i know most local stations in the uk pay nmw, i know what the bbc pays near enough, manx radio?